Do you hear things?

Junkyard

Will Travel for Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know, we all hear things from time to time :eek:

My question pertains to my cell phone. There are multiple times throughout the day that I think I hear my phone ringing, but it is not. Does something like this ever happen to you?

WFH with two curious cats and two puppies, I’m constantly thinking I hear them getting into something.

If my wife and kids are right, I have the oppostie problem, especially if I'm watching golf or football. I blame it on too many shotgun rounds and working with a chainsaw 40 hours a week when I was a teenager. :)

I see things......I had an apparition in my office. My office mate clearly saw it because she reacted to it at the same time I did. She completely denies the whole thing. Also have had clear laughing voices in my office too, when people are in my office. Really freaks people out. The apparition bothered me, the laughing I have gotten used to.

My question pertains to my cell phone. There are multiple times throughout the day that I think I hear my phone ringing, but it is not.
That's just the government activating your phone so they can watch and listen to you. :eek:

I am positive sometimes that I hear a group of voices in another room, mumbling through a conversation. I sometimes can almost make out what the voices are saying.

Other times I will hear what sounds like a motor continually running.

As it turns out, these are just a few of the various sounds (I think) I hear, caused by my continuous tinnitus, in both ears, that I've had for over 45+ years.

My tinnitus can seem pretty loud at times. At least it keeps me from hearing the voices in my head.....

Yeah. I’m the opposite. 20 odd years of being on airfields mean I no longer hear things LOL. I do sometimes feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. When I check it, there’s nothing.

WFH with two curious cats and two puppies, I’m constantly thinking I hear them getting into something.
I have 2 cats and a dog. It's not hearing things, they really are getting into stuff LOL!

If my wife and kids are right, I have the oppostie problem, especially if I'm watching golf or football. I blame it on too many shotgun rounds and working with a chainsaw 40 hours a week when I was a teenager. :)
WHHAAAAATTTT???

My question pertains to my cell phone. There are multiple times throughout the day that I think I hear my phone ringing, but it is not. Does something like this ever happen to you?

I have a counselor for that issue - hearing things in my head.

I do not hear your cell phone but wait, I am imagining hearing it.

You ever see the movie the cable guy??

Constant ringing in my ears caused from 4 west pac cruises in F-4J's & F-14B's as a flight deck troubleshooter. During the mid 70's and wore what was provided as ear protection, those mickey mouse ear cups. Gets worse the quieter it is, like going to bed. Ringing is louder. Tinnitus.

I don’t but I’ve heard that since cell phones have become so addictive to some that they cause “Phantom Vibration Syndrome” which causes people to think they get messages when they don’t.

Another tinnitus sufferer here. I hear things all the time - a continuous, unceasing high pitched ringing in my ears. There is no such thing as a silent room.

I also discovered a thing last week - I have high frequency hearing loss in my left ear. We had a cricket in the house in our guest bathroom, and my office is across the hall from it, with my right ear facing toward the door. If I turned away from the sound to where my left ear should be picking it up, I heard absolutely nothing - turn the chair back around so my right ear is facing it, and there it is again. I can hear the TV, normal conversation and all that with my left ear, but apparently not high frequency sounds.

I hear things all the time 🤷🏽‍♂️

I often think my phone is vibrating in my pocket and when I check, it's not.

It seems tinnitus is more common that I thought; I also have it and as long as there is background noise I don't notice it so much, but once the room quiets down it's all I will hear. I don't think that is related to the "phantom" phone, but it is still an annoyance.

Thankfully it doesn't affect my golf swing.

Kind of. But it's usually that I feel it vibrate in my front pocket........................while it's sitting on my console..............and there's no call or message on it when I check. :oops:

Kind of. But it's usually that I feel it vibrate in my front pocket........................while it's sitting on my console..............and there's no call or message on it when I check. :oops:
I feel the same thing!

I am weirdly sensitive to noises from cell phones. When I had to carry a pager, a blackberry, and a cell phone for a job I thought I was going insane. Could hear the vibration before it would actually start making noise. I hated it.

Now? I can hear stuff that no one else in my family can. At work, I can clearly hear my co-worker talking to himself/muttering to himself 8 hours a day.

Back