Do You Leave The Game Early?

Do you leave the game early?

• If my team is getting crushed.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • If my team is losing a close one.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I’m trying to beat traffic even in a tie!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • If my team is winning a close one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If my team is winning a blowout.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I would never leave early!

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters
I rarely attend live sports - but if I do, I stay until the end.

Never leave early. If your team is winning in a blowout, why wouldnt you want to enjoy that? If youre a true fan, why would you ever give up hope that your team can stage a miraculous comeback until the final buzzer sounds.
Ive seen all of my favorite teams stage too many miraculous comebacks and being a Wisconsin sports fan, Im just too spoiled to ever waste reveling in a blowout win. I see all of the other people who are fans of teams out there who hold out hope that it will be a good year but know deep down that it probably wont be to ever take that for granted.

I used to be a beat traffic guy because my Dad was a beat traffic guy. Now I like to hang out in the stadium as the players mingle and leave the playing surface and by the time I leave traffic is pretty well diminished anyway.

If watching my team (basically the Red Sox or Fighting Irish), I am there until the end regardless of score. If watching teams that I do not have a huge rooting interest in, I am gone whenever the outcome has been decided.

Stay the course. Watch the game.... a hockey game is never over till the end.
Baseball..... I am leaving after 6

I’m staying until the very bitter end, no matter what. I hate watching people take off...

I'm definitely not leaving any Chiefs games early now that Patrick Mahomes is my QB.

Stay the course. Watch the game.... a hockey game is never over till the end.
Baseball..... I am leaving after 6
But they don’t stop serving beer until the 7th!

I'm definitely not leaving any Chiefs games early now that Patrick Mahomes is my QB.
I love it! Reminds me of the WS run in ‘15. You just had a feeling the Royals were never out of it and there was no way you could leave!

If I am with the kids I will stay as long as they let me and will stay for the whole game without them.

I don't attend many professional games simply because they are at minimum a three hour drive away. That being said, i get there early and stay until they kick me out. I almost certainly don't have somewhere better to be. My dad is a "leave early-er" and it drives me crazy.

Depends on several factors. However rarely try to ever leave early.

If it is a baseball game I almost always leave early. Those games take way too long. Hockey and basketball I usually stay to the end unless it is a blowout. I don't really go to football games.

In 9 years the # of games we have left early are under 10. It's gotta be a blowout or terrible conditions and even then if it's close we're not going anywhere.

Baseball in usually out by the 7th but it's a hour+ ride home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank Reich? He was the starting QB for the Carolina Panthers in their first season in 1995. And played the first 3 games of the season until he was benched.

Only if the team is getting crushed. I know traffic is going to be a pain so most times I will just take my time leaving - hang around in the parking lot as to try and avoid headaches.

I paid good money for those seats, I'm gonna make every minute count unless it's just too painful to watch.

I've showed up late and left early for some of the best games ever; I'm not a fan of bumper-to-bumper traffic (and in Houston, the road rage is real...).

I used to be a beat traffic guy because my Dad was a beat traffic guy. Now I like to hang out in the stadium as the players mingle and leave the playing surface and by the time I leave traffic is pretty well diminished anyway.

That's my strategy. Let everyone else clear out, and then I'll go! Besides, leaving a game early puts me in mind of leaving a great meal on the table at a fabulous restaurant before finishing it. And not taking a doggie bag!

If it is a baseball game I almost always leave early. Those games take way too long. Hockey and basketball I usually stay to the end unless it is a blowout. I don't really go to football games.

That's not really true. The average baseball game takes no longer than a football game. A pro football game. Some of the college games can take 4 hours! The problem baseball has is that there's no movement anymore! It's a home run or a strikeout! No more stolen bases, no more hit & run, no more double steals, no more squeeze plays, no more bunts, no more keep the line moving!

That's my strategy. Let everyone else clear out, and then I'll go! Besides, leaving a game early puts me in mind of leaving a great meal on the table at a fabulous restaurant before finishing it. And not taking a doggie bag!

That's not really true. The average baseball game takes no longer than a football game. A pro football game. Some of the college games can take 4 hours! The problem baseball has is that there's no movement anymore! It's a home run or a strikeout! No more stolen bases, no more hit & run, no more double steals, no more squeeze plays, no more bunts, no more keep the line moving!

I think 4 hours for a baseball game with less than 30 minutes of real action is ridiculous. I don’t really go to NFL games or college football games either.

Never tended to leave early. After buying tickets, parking, yada yada, where am I in a huge hurry all of a sudden? Lunch at the park. Dinner after the game. (y)

Never leave early. I paid to see 9 innings, 4 quarters, or whatever. I enjoy everything to the end. Traffic doesn’t bother me, so sitting there listening to the radio and chatting with those I came with is fine by me.

I paid for it, i'm watching it!

The average NFL game has about 8-10 minutes of actual play action as well.

If I'm paying, I'm staying! Traffic is be expected when going to a sporting event, so it does not really bother me. The only way I will leave early is if my team is getting absolutely destroyed - whether it's 5 touchdowns or 8+ goals.

Back