Do You Leave The Game Early?

Do you leave the game early?

• If my team is getting crushed.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • If my team is losing a close one.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I’m trying to beat traffic even in a tie!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • If my team is winning a close one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If my team is winning a blowout.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I would never leave early!

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The title and poll say it all. Do you stay and soak it in until the cleaning crew comes out or are you leaving early and trying to beat traffic?

I can’t remember ever leaving an A-State football game early....ever.

I leave Ole Miss games early because I’m there for my wife and not so much that I care.

Can’t imagine leaving any problem game early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always a treat to get to a game, so I never leave early.

Living in MT, all we have really are college sports. Those I can stay or leave, doesn't really matter to me unless it's a playoff game of some sort or the Griz/Cat rivalry game. Whenever I've had the chance to see professional sports, especially my teams, I stay until the very end no matter what. I don't get to experience that very often so I will take it all in to the very last second.

I will leave the game early most of the time, regardless of how the game is going.

It's a traffic issue for me. I don't want to be stuck in it. The idea of being stuck in traffic longer than normal, just does not appeal to me at all.

I have before for all different reasons, but it is definitely the exception.

I will leave the game early most of the time, regardless of how the game is going.

It's a traffic issue for me. I don't want to be stuck in it. The idea of being stuck in traffic longer than normal, just does not appeal to me at all.

I got the other way. Usually last one out. Keeps traffics to a minimum and I don’t miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traffic is a beast with the philly teams....so if the phils are killing them or getting killed i might leave early to avoid the 2+ hours of traffic. but i really like staying until the end

Paid to see the whole game, might as well enjoy it.

Same here. I have never left a game early with one exception. My wife and I were given Ball State football game tickets one time when we lived up there. It was a Thursday night game, cold as hell and they were getting blown out. We left at the end of the third quarter. I'm an Ohio State fan anyway so Ball State wasn't doing much for me anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s part of my mentality. My wife gets angry or embarrassed (I can’t tell) when I start yelling “free baseball!” or whatever event we’re at if it goes into extra time.

I just change the channel when its over.

nearest pro game is 3 hours away.
nearest division 1 college game is 3-6 hours away.
we dont leave early and i sure ask heck dont leave a nebraska game early regardless the score..

When you write "The Game", that refers to only one game. And in recent history, my team can't win. Still, I never leave early, nor turn it off even in a bloodbath. Win loose or draw, there are only so many chances to watch your team play.

The Team. The Team. The Team.

im waiting for someone to say when they stop selling beer!
i tend to see a lot of this 7th inning mlb games.

If I paid for the ticket, I don't.

More and more as time passes, I don't even care to think about going to a live game anymore.

Up until about 8-10 years ago, hardly ever. Since then, it has increasingly depended on my interest in the game, which has dwindled, and what else I could be doing. In the last couple of years, it is as likely as not that I drive or walk the 2 miles to the stadium.

Most of the time I want to stay but whoever I’m with wants to leave early

It's all about circumstance - Monday night game with work on Tuesday, I am out of there. Monday night game with off on Tuesday, let's get another round...

NEVER!!

Well, not never because I have left early, but generally I stay to the bitter end.

Being that we have to drive 4 hours for professional sports we usually stay till the end. For local h.s. & college I usually wind up leaving early to take care of the dog.

I haaaaaaate leaving a game early.

but the rest of my family will gladly leave early. Here’s an example.
Couple years ago, my father in law gets tickets to the Ohio State-Penn State football game in Columbus. Amazing tickets, pregame meal, etc.. it’s cold cold. While I am not an OSU fan, I love sports and loved this atmosphere.

So it’s me, my wife, and her parents. Early second half, they are really starting to get cold, and so is Ohio State’s playing. Penn State starts to run away with it, and the grumbling starts, and we end up leaving.

Now, I love my in-laws dearly. But I was sooooo salty as we are driving back to their house, listening to the game on the radio, as Ohio State starts their comeback in what was likely the game of the year in college football.

i haaaate leaving early.

I haaaaaaate leaving a game early.

but the rest of my family will gladly leave early. Here’s an example.
Couple years ago, my father in law gets tickets to the Ohio State-Penn State football game in Columbus. Amazing tickets, pregame meal, etc.. it’s cold cold. While I am not an OSU fan, I love sports and loved this atmosphere.

So it’s me, my wife, and her parents. Early second half, they are really starting to get cold, and so is Ohio State’s playing. Penn State starts to run away with it, and the grumbling starts, and we end up leaving.

Now, I love my in-laws dearly. But I was sooooo salty as we are driving back to their house, listening to the game on the radio, as Ohio State starts their comeback in what was likely the game of the year in college football.

i haaaate leaving early.
It might not make you feel better, but my wife has an equal and opposite story. She and her family (Giants fans) stayed to the bitter end of the Miracle at the Meadowlands II and watched DeSean Jackson break their hearts.

Basically never unless my team is getting destroyed. I agree with @Snickerdog - might as well enjoy it if you paid for it.

Back