Do you lend / let other people use your clubs? Moreso if yours are fitted for you?

I’ll let someone that knows how to swing a club use mine, but a first timer....ehhh. Probably not. I’ll gladly pay for their rental set though.

I have plenty of not so old old clubs setting around someone can use. They can try those.

I have an old game improvement set that I let any beginners use but not my gamers. I don’t care if they sky’em or whatever, I won’t play them any longer but they are good enough to have some fun.

I had a new 3 wood last year, second time on range with it buddy asks if he can hit it. Long story, same day on course, pull it out, sky mark .....grrrr! When it comes to my gamers....my new saying, ”you sky it, you buy it”!

Any of my regular golf buddies can use any of my clubs, although my irons are +1" and 3 degrees upright. Strangers on the course - no.

It depends on the individual. With my sons, no problem. With co-workers, no way.

In the past, I have let friends and family use my clubs. Not a big deal.

One time that stands out is while on the practice range, I foolishly was trying to hit a 72* lob wedge. I had found this club some where in a bargain bin, and figured why not.

There was a pga tournament qualifier about to start, and one of the pga players set up next to me. Don't remember his name, but his bag was lettered accordingly.

I asked him if he was playing in the qualifier, which he said yes to. Our conversation eventually got around to this super LW I was messing around with. He offered to show me how to swing it. Again I figured why not.

After several minutes of futile attempts to hit this wedge, the pro gave up disgusted. Things got even worse when he went back to his own clubs, and struggled with them. He left the range in a hissy-pissy mess. Not sure how he did in the qualifier.

I am not even sure what happened to that club after that range session took place.

I wouldn’t let someone new swing them but I could put together an older set for them. Mine aren’t meant for most anyways.

I did crown my driver getting ball fit last summer so I’m not sure why it’s a bad idea for beginners, but I’d like every scar to be provided by me.

If you do let a beginner hit a $500.00 driver, tee it low for them, lol. If you want an older driver for him to use, let me know. I’ve got inventory out the wazoo and lots of 2-5 generation old clubs. If it gets a beginner into the game, cover shipping and I’ll send you out something for them to hack with. I had a club flipping business I’ve given up on as it was more of a tax pain in the ass then it was worth. Seriously though I’ve got a ton of drivers, I’d let a beginner hit anything other than my driver from my bag. Too much to go wrong there and the shaft would be wildly inappropriate. Send me a PM if interested. Again, cover the 10 bucks or so shipping and I’ll send you out something that isn’t far behind in tech and no one will care if there is sky marks, etc.

I have a couple spare sets that I have no problem loaning out.
As far as my gamers, I have let people that I'm paired with swing them a couple times, but I don't think I would loan the full set out if I wasn't going to be there.

On the course I may let someone hit one of my clubs. However taking my clubs for a round without me there, uh, no.

the only concern I'd have is sky marks on woods...Also as you say you are getting new ones...let him use your old ones.

I’ll let people try my clubs to hit, if they don’t throw them and treat them poorly.

Woods and Putters I am more hesitant and will probably tell them to treat them kindly.

i’ve lent stuff out and had head-covers go missing - usually ask them to replace it.

I have very few LH golfing friends, but if they want to hit my clubs they are always more than welcome to

Nobody has ever asked, but I think I would probably lend them to a regular player ... e.g. someone visiting a friend, but without their clubs. However, I wouldn’t lend them to a newbie ... I wouldn’t want to risk sky marks on my driver, woods or hybrids.

If it's someone I know then absolutely no issues at all, as long as they know the rule....break or mark it then you're responsible for it! But a random stranger that I'm paired with? Nah....no thanks..

Back