Do you like talking on the phone?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Was thinking about this on my drive in this morning. I'd rather email someone for a question or inquiry than pick up the phone and when they don't respond in a timely manner I get frustrated haha. Kind of the same thing with text's its just easier haha. Would you rather dial someone up or send a message?

Message for sure. I hate talking on the phone.

I hate talking on the phone. After 17 years my wife has figured out it's me and not her because she loves talking on the phone. I am a 5 minute and done guy though.

I have no problem talking on the phone. 20 years in sales will do that to you. But I am shocked at the amount of people who just won't do it. They'll email or text back after I leave a message.

Both of my kids, who are 20 and 15, absolutely refuse to talk on the phone. Text or FaceTime only. It's so weird to me.

What I don't understand, is when someone has a simple question or update, and opts to leave a voicemail instead of just sending a text.

I didn't have a voicemail for over a year purely based on how much this annoys me hahahaha

I like to chat and I have unlimited minutes, let’s talk!

My attention span when talking on the phone is atrocious, so I would much rather email when it comes to work things.

Was thinking about this on my drive in this morning. I'd rather email someone for a question or inquiry than pick up the phone and when they don't respond in a timely manner I get frustrated haha. Kind of the same thing with text's its just easier haha. Would you rather dial someone up or send a message?

I hate it and I know it drives my boss crazy that I'd rather email, text, or use a Teams chat to communicate with people.

What I don't understand, is when someone has a simple question or update, and opts to leave a voicemail instead of just sending a text.

I didn't have a voicemail for over a year purely based on how much this annoys me hahahaha
Yeah I never leave voicemails unless I really have to. With smartphones you have a missed call

Or whats worse.....Hey its me call me back! :mad:

I don't get folk who talk on the phone incessantly. What is there to talk about?

I have no problem talking on the phone. 20 years in sales will do that to you. But I am shocked at the amount of people who just won't do it. They'll email or text back after I leave a message.

Both of my kids, who are 20 and 15, absolutely refuse to talk on the phone. Text or FaceTime only. It's so weird to me.
Kids are the worst these days.

Depends on the person and time of day. But I 100% prefer messages.

I prefer to text or email, but when a quick phone call can get the answers quicker than a text or email, I'm going to pick up the phone.

Hate it. Even my wife or family. I'm not a phone guy at all :ROFLMAO:

Simple message is a text. Trying to make plans depends on the person. If they respond quick it’s fine but I’d rather just call and get it done if it’s going to take 5-10 minutes between responses.

If it’s buddies I haven’t talked to in a while then I’d rather talk and have a 5-10 minute conversation.

Yeah I never leave voicemails unless I really have to. With smartphones you have a missed call

nope voicemails don't happen here either. Furthermore, I don't even listen to the ones I receive.

Back