Do You Like Tech Talk?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The question is in the title, but diving in further, how much do you like to dive in and discuss the deeper parts of the tech in golf clubs? Do you like doing it and hearing from those that create it?

Absolutely. I love hearing about the entire process - from how the idea came about, to production and then the benefits of the new tech.

lots o love

I absolutely love hearing about it right from the source

As someone who is an admitted complete neophyte when it comes to golf club technology, I find myself extremely willing to learn as much as possible about the technology of the club. Very interested!

yep. Tech Talk and reviews are how I found this place.

Uhhh yeah!

honestly? no.

but only because i don't understand most of it and haven't taken the time to dive in.

Yes and no

I am interested to hear how tech changes and the impact it has on the way that designs change over the years - eg, looking at the whole 'loft creep' conversations that always seem to crop up

But at the end of the day, no matter what the tech is, as long as it works for my swing then I am happy to play it

I love it! iI is the best way to learn about the gear. Sometimes i don't understand it all but the information is great.

Since I have learned so much about it from being on here for several years, I do really like it. Pre-THP, before I really understood it, I could take it or leave it. I enjoy either hearing it from the source are from folks that are extremely knowledgeable in golf equipment tech.

I love all the tech talk and hearing why this years model is better than last years and what research was done to make the improvements.

I love all the tech talk and hearing why this years model is better than last years and what research was done to make the improvements.
Can't improve on this post so I won't - Perfectly stated....

I enjoy the technical/design side of clubs. Often times I feel like I am not smart enough to contribute as there are smarter people than me offering opinions, but I love learning how or why clubs are designed the way they are.

Yep.

Yes Yes Yes. The whole process from conception to manufacturing has my attention. This doesn't apply only to clubs or golf equipment either.

Definitely on the yes side. As many others have and will say, that's how I found THP. The tech talk and reviews are a fantastic piece.

I like that the tech talk exists.

In recent years, I have been less gear crazy and bought fewer clubs. When I was buying more often, I consumed more tech talk as a means to make better buying decisions.

Talk? Eh.

Discuss? :/

Listen? Yes.

I'm still catching up from a couple decades break, so I prefer to listen/read about it. I enjoy it here, specifically, because it's more honest. Sorts through some of the hype and nonsense from the manufacturers.

Love hearing from the experts for sure. They know their stuff and I like hearing what they’ve changed and why and how much effect it has.

I love it. To me, that is the meat and potatoes of things.

Last edited:
In case feedback is actually desired ... ;) In terms of tech talk, I love learning about the equipment. From the source is fantastic, as long as it isn't just the marketing sheet. Other trusted sources are fine too. But more importantly, I am an experiential learner. I need to put the information together with hands-on. But as a generic internet golfer, I'm not going to have the opportunity for direct industry sources with hands-on. Video content works well for me as a middle ground. But not talking heads sitting at a table. I learn best when there is a combination of discussion and active usage of the equipment. And ideally one of the people is actively learning the tech as well. (y)

I enjoy it, makes me understand why they made changes to a club and how they accomplished it. Always an intriguing dialog.

Back