Do You Like Tech Talk?

Bring it!!!

As a person interested in machining, fabrication and, metallurgy I like the discussions on the tech that goes into the making of the clubs. As a new golfer, I am far behind the curve on the design aspect of club making but, I have been called a "blackhole of knowledge" and am working on my grasp of technology of design.

My problem is how to determine if the tech in club X is a better fit for me than the tech in club Y even though I like the feel of club Z better.

Moral of story is I like to hear about it, but we should all get fit to find best tech for you.

I absolutely do. I may not understand it all until I hear it multiple times, but even though the ability to feel golf tech smart for a few minutes is awesome.

For sure I love the tech talk behind the golf equipment. It’s fun to see what type of new tech words OEMs come up with every year and try to articulate the tech behind them.

Tech talk is what brought me here to THP many years ago. Having not been involve with the game for a couple years, many things going on with life, now I'm trying to get back into it. I'm behind on the tech that's on the market today. Looking forward to getting back to playing and learning what is happening with equipment now.

Very much!

I enjoy hearing from the companies hearing first hand about the product. Learning more into what makes the golf club tick

Absolutely.

I thoroughly enjoy interviews and such, but I loved hearing things direct from DB at True Sports - it brought a whole new dynamic to things. Just incredible knowledge there.

I love tech talk. I especially like hearing the why's behind the tech.

I do. I find it fascinating how much thought and design goes into new clubs, even if much of it is probably marketing BS.

Love it, I find the technical talk fascinating

Love hearing the tech associated with club design and how a design idea may parallel some other industry be it aerodynamics in airplanes or cars; materials being used and how integration of materials to make clubs lighter to allow weight to move around.... soooo cool

The question is in the title, but diving in further, how much do you like to dive in and discuss the deeper parts of the tech in golf clubs? Do you like doing it and hearing from those that create it?

Yes, definitely.

Learning about tech is really cool, getting it all to conform to the usga regs and hearing about the different trials to get it there is awesome.

i really like to dive in and discuss it, learning is fun and it can help me understand the game better and be a more knowledgeable and/or b makes the game more fun

hearing from the creators is really cool having them tel you how their idea process works is fun

In passing or as a general interest? No.

But when it comes to a particular product that I'm interested in purchasing, I'll voraciously research any and all info.

It's THEN when I'm darn glad for all the in depth information to be had.

Yep. (y)

I like trying to understand the theories and the physics behind what happens and how - agnostic of brand - but then what the manufacturers are actually doing in relation to those theories, what compromises they inevitably have to had made both in regard to looks and performance, what manipulations they are making to achieve as close to their aim as possible, whatand what all of the above will result in interests me a lot.

Oddly, it doesn't necessarily affect my buying immediately, but I like having an idea of what will do what, how and why, just for future ref.

Love it. ?

Back