Do you match play?

I love match play. Wish I did it more honestly

I do believe our current score is tied…. And no one likes ties…

I enjoy match play, but none of the guys I golf with are really into it so we don't play it often.

Back when I was in a golf league a few years ago we did singles match play every week. Since leaving that league maybe do match play a few times a year. It is fun though.

I do when I play in the Men’s Sr special events at my course. It’s fun but I don’t play in the league because they play Tuesday mornings.

From 2008-2017 our league was 14 weeks of match play. Moved in 2017 and haven't played much since.
Always fun because that 1 bad hole doesn't blow up your chances!
You're pretty darn good at it.

I love match play and play in a match play league. I feel like my game finds another gear when I'm in match play mode.

I occasionally will play in a best-ball match play to even the playing feel when I play with two buddies too. Such a great time.

I’ve been playing in a Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup format event since 2004 with my buddies from my hometown. Saturday morning best ball, Saturday afternoon Alt Shot and Sunday singles. It’s a grind as we usually play first weekend in October so weather can be pretty unpredictable. I would say either the best ball or singles are my favorite match play as I enjoy playing my own ball and being able to co from stiff a little more. Alt shot is one of those animals that can get away from you pretty quick and it’s hard when you are struggling or your teammate is and they fee they’ve let you down. March play is definitely a fun game and I enjoy it

I’d say around 20-25% of my rounds last year were Match play, so maybe 30 or so total matches?

it’s an interesting and fun format. Now going forward I don’t know that I’ll have that many, as I wanted last year to be a good prep for The Grandaddy. But I’m still sure I’ll play that format a lot.

Match Play is great, especially if you have a group all around the same handicap range.

It loses its magic when guys are giving/receiving 10+ strokes.

Match Play is great, especially if you have a group all around the same handicap range.

It loses its magic when guys are giving/receiving 10+ strokes.
I just don't like giving double pops.

I enjoy singles and four ball.

Practically every round we play in my weekly group is match play format. Typically it is best ball.

Every Wednesday at league

Have played a lot of it in my career both in THP events and other tournaments and rounds with wagers. Always fun. Really enjoy shamble and best ball. Although strokes on par 3s in shamble should be illegal.

Have played a lot of it in my career both in THP events and other tournaments and rounds with wagers. Always fun. Really enjoy shamble and best ball. Although strokes on par 3s in shamble should be illegal.
But that’s the biggest positive to my game. I get a pop on most if not all holes.

But that’s the biggest positive to my game. I get a pop on most if not all holes.

I have no problem with it in best ball. But in shamble when say a low handicap can hit the tee shot close and the high handicap just has to 2 putt for a net birdie it’s tough.

It is a good diversion from normal play that I enjoy. You can really suck a hole up and it doesn't hurt you really.

I have no problem with it in best ball. But in shamble when say a low handicap can hit the tee shot close and the high handicap just has to 2 putt for a net birdie it’s tough.
I think most of the handicapped shamble/scrambles I’ve played have been a percentage of handicaps. That helped a bit to square things up. I remember thinking the percentage was too low, but with no penalty strokes off the tee it seemed pretty fair.

I love match play. I play in a two man team league where we play match play every week and then we have our league Match Play Championship every year but outside of that I don't get a chance to play it very often.

I try to do lots of different things with the guys I play with, but they are so locked into their score that we never get to have fun. Match play? Forget it.

Back