Do you match play?

Love match play, typically singles against my dad

Most weekend rounds are fourball matchplay. Lots of fun.

Yep, first round of club match play is this Saturday.

I love it, which means I do it and try not to overdo it. I don't think playing match play the majority of the time would be good for me. I have some friends that don't seem to enjoy playing without it, but I do. Team stuff is fun and don't get as competitive. Prefer to play against a peer than someone who wants a million pops unless it's pretty casual.

They play some weird Ryder-ish formats in some tournaments around here, and I think mixing it up each 9 keeps it interesting in things like that.

I play it several times a year. I am going to get back in the singles match play this year after 3 years off.

Other than the course medals, pretty much all of my 'competitive' golf is matchplay, whether it's just a bounce game with pals or the annual golf holiday with my old man. I like that any bad hole doesn't wreck the round, and I can be a lot more aggressive rather than trying to protect a score. I always hole out just to keep an eye on scoring, but I love a matchplay.

My club has a couple of matchplay knockouts, and one of the club teams I have played for is a matchplay league as well

It can bring a completely different mindset to your game depending on what your opponent does on a hole

Back