Do you mind having a bag from a manufacturer when none of your equipment is from that manufacturer?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?

If I buy a bag. I buy it because of the bag not what it says on the bag.

Nope doesn't bother me at all. I have a Titleist stand bag I love!! It is light and works great on the pushcart and has plenty of storage. 4 years old and just broke a zipper closure and it is the only issue I have had with it.

^ this ... won't matter to me, if I like the bag I like it for that reason

It's another piece of equipment. The only thing Cobra I've ever owned in the last fifteen years is the bag I'm carrying now. I'd personally feel a little pretentious gaming a staff bag, but it doesn't bother me whether someone's equipment matches or doesn't match, whether it's a Sunday bag or a personalized staff bag. To each his own.

Vessel doesn't make clubs and I'm totally cool with that. They do their thing plenty good enough for me to put someone else's stuff in 'em

I don't have any Sun Mountain clubs. :LOL:

If an OEM made a bag that I really liked the design of and nobody else made one like it, I'd use it whether I had their equipment in the bag or not.

Yeah, I can't do it. Maybe that's weird but I couldn't use an oem bag if I don't have any of their equipment in it.

Nope. I'm ok with it. Have a Callaway bag but have never gamed any Callaway equipment.

it was just coincidence that my bag matched my clubs for the past few years. had a clicgear bag before that and now have a ping - with no ping clubs in it. doesn't bother me.

One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?

Yes it would mess with my mind

Vessel doesn't make clubs and I'm totally cool with that. They do their thing plenty good enough for me to put someone else's stuff in 'em
Exactly. Since Vessel doesn’t make equipment, any equipment can go in my Vessel bags, except my Vessel bag that was made for Cobra. That is reserved for my Cobra equipment. 😂

Ping bags have been a good standard for years. I don’t have a problem doing it.

Exactly. Since Vessel doesn’t make equipment, any equipment can go in my Vessel bags, except my Vessel bag that was made for Cobra. That is reserved for my Cobra equipment. 😂
Even the putter??

And do you not take the TSi3 on those days? :unsure:

I'm not a huge fan of billboard logos on bags regardless if I have their clubs or not. I would own20210125_200359.jpg
But not this one(and I'm not really a stand bag guy) Screenshot_20210125-200319_Chrome.jpg

To add to my point, it isn’t that I have to match my equipment to the bag, hence being great with a Vessel. I just feel weird having a bag with an OEM name scrawled across it if I have none of that equipment in the bag. Honestly, I prefer a bag that has no OEM on it in big bold letters. That is one of the reasons I have always loved Vessel and Sun Mountain. I am not OCD about anything else I can think of, but am about this for some strange reason.

Even the putter??

And do you not take the TSi3 on those days? :unsure:
The bag doesn’t have to be full of that manufacturer’s equipment. In my mind it needs to have at least a driver or the irons. I am weird, huh? It’s kind of like how some people will punch you in the face if yo show up with white socks or open a bag of chips in the cart. 😂

Personally it would bug me to have an OEM branded bag but none of their clubs. I absolutely wouldn't buy a branded bag if it didn't match at least some of my clubs. For example, I have no intention of buying any PXG clubs so I would never even look at any of their bags.

No, I look at a bag as a separate piece of equipment in and of itself. Criteria usually being the function of the features (few must haves), durability, and looks. I tend to have Ping bags as they are typically really solid bags but I’ve never had a Ping in the bag.

Back