Do you mind having a bag from a manufacturer when none of your equipment is from that manufacturer?

You missed my point, I think. That is the great thing about a bag by Bag-Boy, Vessel or others who do not make equipment. You can put any equipment you want in the bag and don’t look like you are repping something you don’t desire to play.
This is how I feel. I was gaming the Callaway Flash woods this season. My wife surprised me with a new Callaway bag after getting advice from my playing partner.
I took it back and bought my Pearl Liberty bag as they don’t make equipment.

I felt like the Callaway woods plus matching colored bag was getting to be a bit much. Wouldn’t want somebody to think I’m trying to be a staffer or something lol

Don't mind at all. I've a Bridgestone Tour B stand/carry bag and not a single Bridgestone anything else.

A had a Titleist stand bag full of Cobra and Wilson Staff clubs a few years ago; liked the color scheme of it.

Now, I don't think I could do it again.

I brought a custom embroidered Titleist staff bag to a THP event w/ Callaway.

Take that for what it's worth.

Wait? I'm supposed to have a Ping club in my Ping Pioneer cart bag? Why must you trigger my OCD on something I've not considered? OMG! OMG! I carry a Cobra golf umbrella with nary a Cobra in sight of my bag! What am I to do?

Bag is a bag.....Right now carrying a TM bag with just a putter of TM.

Wait? I'm supposed to have a Ping club in my Ping Pioneer cart bag? Why must you trigger my OCD on something I've not considered? OMG! OMG! I carry a Cobra golf umbrella with nary a Cobra in sight of my bag! What am I to do?
Go buy some PING clubs. It is the only answer that makes sense. 😂

I gamed ping hooders all throughout high school and college golf but never owned a ping club until this year. I have gamed a Callaway bag the last 5 years only because it had an exterior pocket for my alignment sticks.... I did have Callaway irons and driver but now just have a Callaway driver and one wedge. also, callaway customer service is second to none. The stand system just stopped supporting the bag one day so they sent me the newest replacement outside of 2 years for no charge. I really like the bag I have now and no issues other than the white parts are looking dirty...

I will probably go with a ping hoofer next but honestly not sure.

Doesn't matter to me if it's the same or not. I have a myriad of different brands of clubs in my bag so it would make sense that the bag doesn't match. For me it's about purpose - what purpose does the bag hold (beyond holding the clubs). Right now I like to carry so I have a 3 lb bag... yet I also have a Titleist Hybrid bag as well that I'll use if I'm going to be on a cart. All about purpose for me.

It doesn't bother me. My first branded bag was a PING bag full of Nike and TM clubs. I've had Sun Mountain bags for a while now.

I don't get paid to have any particular brand of bag, so I just get what I like!

I'm all titleist, but my favorite bag was Ping. Unfortunately, it suffered an untimely mishap. It did not bother me.

I have a titleist bag now though.

It doesn't bother me at all.

This is how I feel. I was gaming the Callaway Flash woods this season. My wife surprised me with a new Callaway bag after getting advice from my playing partner.
I took it back and bought my Pearl Liberty bag as they don’t make equipment.

I felt like the Callaway woods plus matching colored bag was getting to be a bit much. Wouldn’t want somebody to think I’m trying to be a staffer or something lol

I own an Ouul bag, who obviously don't make clubs and I really like that. Plus it's really different to anything else at my club and the quality is amazing. But it wouldn't bother me at all if I did have a club manufacturers bag and none of their clubs, some of them just make nicer bags than others.

I own an Ouul bag, who obviously don't make clubs and I really like that. Plus it's really different to anything else at my club and the quality is amazing. But it wouldn't bother me at all if I did have a club manufacturers bag and none of their clubs, some of them just make nicer bags than others.

I find the lesser named bags too raise a lot of eyebrows. I carried a Nike and then Sun Mt bags for several years.. not one comment. I have had my Pearl bag for less than a season and get several comments on the bag and who makes it, etc. Nice conversation starter.

If the bag maker isn't in the club biz, then no worries.

If they do, my first reaction was the same, no worries. But when I thought about it a bit I realized that I didn't care if it was Ping or Titleist, maybe because they're relatively common. But when looking at other club/ball OEMs, it's something I've thought about.

I'm in the same exact boat. PING bag that I love and no PING equipment. Doesn't bother me at all.

Only speaking for myself... if it is a brand of bag that also makes clubs, it would bother me. I would equate it to wearing Nike shoes with an adidas outfit. If it is a company that doesn't make clubs, like sun mountain or vessel, it would not bother me. Considering I have Taylormade woods, Callaway irons, Cleveland wedges, and a Taylormade putter, I opted to buy a sun mountain bag.

If it is someone else's bag and clubs, I couldn't care less.

Not really but ..... I do have all Titleist stuff in a Titleist bag. :sneaky:

Doesn't bother me at all. Then again, I'm rocking a Nike bag, but don't think I'd ever own Nike clubs...

One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?
I won't wear/use any apparel of a company that I don't game their clubs/balls. I won't wear a hat/use a bag/wear a shirt or shorts if it's an OEM that makes clubs/balls and I don't game it/them. So, TM, Addidas, etc. are all safe for me. But I won't/don't wear a Titliest/Bridgestone/etc. branded piece of clothing or accessory unless/until it finds a way in my bag on more than just a trial basis.

Is it douchey? I don't know. I just don't do it. With that being said, I don't care what anyone else does and I certainly don't judge it. It's just not for me.

One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?
Not at all. Sun Mountain doesnt make clubs anyways. All jokes aside, use what bag you like and hit what clubs you like. The clubs and the bag dont know that they arent from the same manufacturer and unless you are under contract with a certain brand, where they are paying you to use their gear, who cares what logo is on the bag?

I would mentally struggle with having a bag made by an OEM that also made clubs, without having any of their clubs in my bag. For that reason, I tend to only have bags from companies that don't make clubs, or Titleist. Almost always play Titleist wedges / balls.

I’ve got a Ping Hoofer. I’ll buy a new bag when this one can’t be stitched back together

At first, I felt a little funny gaming a Top Flite bag, thinking people might actually believe that I was playing those awful rocks! But at the time, money was tight, and all the zippers were failing on my old Cobra bag, so it was a stopgap solution. I'm in a much better position now, and I've kind of promised that I'd spoil myself with the next bag. But the old one still works! It does everything I need it to do.

As far as putting other branded equipment in it, I feel this way. I have a wonderful American Tourister wardrobe travel case, yet I have no American Tourister clothing to pack in it! Oh well!

Back