Do you mind having a bag from a manufacturer when none of your equipment is from that manufacturer?

It might bother me a little for a brief moment but not enough to change anything. My ping hoofer only has 2 ping clubs to carry, and having zero ping clubs is possible for this year.

On the other hand, having a full set of clubs from one OEM and their branded bag would bug me a whole lot more. 😬 I like having more than one brand represented. I pay hard earned $ for my clubs and bag. I don’t want to think of myself as a marketing billboard. 😉

I was just talking to a buddy about maybe using my Bridgestone US Openstand bag more this season even though I don't have anything Bridgestone. I prefer something like OGIO or Sun Mountain but overall I just need to like the bag.

It has never bothered me before. I switched to Vessel last year, so even if it did, its a non-issue now
Well, you could have played along and supported my OCD thingy on this one, since I am by far in the minority, since it’s a non-issue and all. 😁

Love my Titleist bag. Ain't got no Titleist and don't plan on bagging any at the moment.

I was just talking to a buddy about maybe using my Bridgestone US Openstand bag more this season even though I don't have anything Bridgestone. I prefer something like OGIO or Sun Mountain but overall I just need to like the bag.
Maybe just play the ball?

Reactions: KEV
I have a Ping Hoofer that I bought because I needed a carry bag and it was the highest rated and most comfortable but in my entire life I have never owned a Ping club. I also have owned multiple Sun Mountain cart bags just because the bags were very good at the time.

I don’t have an issue using another club manufacturer although my next bag will probably be a Callaway Org 14 as I really like the style and play a lot of Callaway equipment now. I would like a Vessel cart bag but too much $$$’s in Canada, especially with the weak CAD$.

Not at all. Love my Ping bag and don't own another single piece of Ping equipment.

Same. I love the self draining cooler pocket in my Ping Pioneer and could care less that there are no Ping clubs in it.

Use Ogio bag. Owned now by callaway but not back when they built my somewhat indestructible grom xx bag. Would not have a problem putting my cobras in a will built bag no matter the maker

It doesn't bother me that much unless it's a Callaway bag, and that's just because they seem to fall apart faster. If anything, I'd prefer to have a brand bag that doesn't make clubs (Sun Mountain, Ogio, etc.) since they usually make the best ones.

Not something that bothers me. Currently have a Sun Mountain.
If the bag is nice, has a good pattern/color scheme, appropriate pockets, I’m good with gaming it.

Same with gloves actually. I use a Mizuno glove, but have zero mizuno clubs.

I didn't buy the Ping Hoofer last year when I bought my OGIO for this reason. In hindsight it was kind of silly although I very much like my OGIO. It was just the tiebreaker.

I’m in the boat that agrees this is a no no!

Yes it extremely bothers me. I have a new Titleist 14 way stand bag but I sold the Titleist clubs I had. Now the only way I’m justifying it is I play a Titleist ball.
I’m in the market for another bag now... I think if this is the route one would go it would have to be a none oem bag or club manufacturer.
I’ve even contemplated another staff bag, Cleveland, Mizuno or Callaway. Not spending crazy money on a Scotty Cameron.. But yeah I think it would be weird to sport a bag where you you have no clubs.

My stand bag is a Callaway that won years ago & have never gamed a Callaway club but I do use their balls.

The more I think about it, I don't think I've ever used an equipment OEM's bag. My last six bags have been Sun Mountain, Sun Mountain, Sun Mountain, Ogio, Datrek and Datrek, and that covers somewhere around the last 30 years.

One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?
I am oddly this way. The one exception is ping.. I would use a ping bag without any ping equipment. But, if would never use a callaway bag with no callaway equipment etc etc etc.

I have always gravitated towards Ogio and Sun Mountain, which means subconsciously I probably do not want to use a bag with equipment I do not own. Being aware of that, I still think I would have no problem using one but I couldnt really say until its in front of me.

I mind.
But my last 4 or 5 bags have been Vessel, Ogio, Sun Mountain, or Clicgear - so non-issue.

nope. can't do it. something has to be represented by the bag.

I mind.
But my last 4 or 5 bags have been Vessel, Ogio, Sun Mountain, or Clicgear - so non-issue.
Was your Grandaddy bag the Ogio?

Last edited:
I’ve got to have at least one club in the bag.

I use Sun Mountain bags. I generally would not use a bag with any manufacturer’s name on it. I could make exception if the clubs and bags were part of an Experience. Then I would use the bag.

Back