Do you need to keep improving to enjoy golf?

Nope. You will get better. I promise.
That's only if I practice... which I don't do to be honest. But I will. One day.:D

Guess I need too keep working on my swing and more importantly, flexibiliity and strength.

Have worked a lot on short game and puttiing recently.

That's only if I practice... which I don't do to be honest. But I will. One day.:D
Even if all you do is play consistently, It's going to make you better.

Now, get to practicin'!

Lessons will only discourage .. lol. Hit the short game videos to save par or bogey - remember, passive arms.

If I can get down to a handicap of 18 or less I will probably be fine with my game. Right now it's frustrating to not see improvement.

If it didn't look like rain this past weekend I would have thought of playing.

I did get in the yard and do a little chipping though.(y)

Do you need to keep improving to enjoy golf?
If today's round was any indication, I'd have to say no. :ROFLMAO: :mad:

I stopped improving a few years ago and now have lost some. Age and lack of playing has been a big factor. Still love golf and I am very competitive....but now I'm trying to hit under 90 then under 80. I have not hit under 80 for more then 10 years.

Last edited:
Yes and no. I enjoy the game regardless but I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. Not that I expect to ever be perfect I just strive to do anything I do well or I am not happy so I am always looking to improve.

At my current level yes. I hit low to mid 80s every round. Psychologically I have to break 80. If I start breaking 80 consistently then I don't think I have to get better than that.

I really hope not because I am not trending in the right direction. There are flashes of gold as well as flashes of an outhouse! Hopefully more gold than outhouse!

Back