do you own multiple (different flex/torque/bend) shafts for your driver(s)?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I imagine a lot of people on here do...I have S and R versions of my driver shafts but was thinking of grabbing something with different torque/bend (is this what is also referred to as kick point?)...

I imagine a lot of people on here do...I have S and R versions of my driver shafts but was thinking of grabbing something with different torque/bend (is this what is also referred to as kick point?)...

Torque isn’t really the bend of the shaft. It can alter the feel though.
What are you thinking about trying?

Torque isn’t really the bend of the shaft. It can alter the feel though.
What are you thinking about trying?

idk...I know it's a perspective thing but I feel like I still launch the ball pretty high (using the tops of the trees as my reference point) even after dropping the loft on my driver...but I also feel like my set up/tee height isn't quite dialed in and that may be the real culprit. but all things being what they are with me, I am just curious :cautious:...the last couple of rounds with the bridgestone b-xs/b-x have been different for me...hard to articulate.

Ponder Mode Engages

idk...I know it's a perspective thing but I feel like I still launch the ball pretty high (using the tops of the trees as my reference point) even after dropping the loft on my driver...but I also feel like my set up/tee height isn't quite dialed in and that may be the real culprit. but all things being what they are with me, I am just curious :cautious:...the last couple of rounds with the bridgestone b-xs/b-x have been different for me...hard to articulate.

No sweat. Let’s have some fun.
What shafts do you have for your driver now?

@chile

You are going to need a fitter and a launch monitor to tease out your optimal launch numbers and dial in your driver setting and shaft.

It's actually cheaper than buying 3 or more shafts and still being out of you personal best.

Plus Different brands of shafts flexes and numbers mean different things and produce widely different results.

Check Out Club Champion. With locations throughout the country.

No sweat. Let’s have some fun.
What shafts do you have for your driver now?

right now, I have the fujikura vista pro 65S (plays at 45.5") and the tensei ck 60 series flex-s (playing at 45") in my M2...my F9 has the atmos 6S (cut to play at 45")

Okay. I am going to send you a driver shaft. I will put on a Cobra adapter tomorrow and a grip and send it off. You test it out and tell THPers your thoughts. Send me a PM with your full name and shipping address.

Thanks for being an Albatross Club Member an active you never know when...

3813954B-2AC8-43ED-9488-6F19889BC369.jpeg

@chile

You are going to need a fitter and a launch monitor to tease out your optimal launch numbers and dial in your driver setting and shaft.

It's actually cheaper than buying 3 or more shafts and still being out of you personal best.

Plus Different brands of shafts flexes and numbers mean different things and produce widely different results.

Check Out Club Champion. With locations throughout the country.

I do need to find a fitter here...the two I have tried didn't seem all to interested in trying anything outside of different flexed shafts.

I had been looking at shaft properties for the ones I have to see what might be similar/different

club champion is 2hrs away...which used to be okay till my back stopped letting me make long drives (so now, I have pick and choose my trips :sneaky:)

Okay. I am going to send you a driver shaft. I will put on a Cobra adapter tomorrow and a grip and send it off. You test it out and tell THPers your thoughts. Send me a PM with your full name and shipping address.

View attachment 8923199

wow. thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Love seeing the shoulder tap return!

That is so awesome!!! Enjoy it @chile

I am super stoked to try this out.

View attachment 8923199

Whoomp, there it is! First time seeing that, wow!!!

I have multiple driver shafts, yes. However they are all relatively similar profiles, but slightly different. From what I’ve seen, different shafts will fit best in different heads.

Not anymore, I tinkered too much & it didn’t much good for my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is awesome. I saw a shoulder tap!

Have fun testing

I do not have other shafts for my clubs aside from the one story they already have.

I'm not sure if I've ever owned multiple shafts at one time. That's about the only area that I haven't got crazy on experimenting with.

All my driver shafts are stiff flex, a variety of torque numbers from 3.2 to 5.6. , and shaft weights ranging from 58 grams to 72 grams.

The shoulder tap is awesome! Congrats and can’t wait to hear how it goes!

I have a shameful amount of shafts in my house hahaha!

Some variety, lots of similarity, mostly awesome.

that's me with camera gear, softball bats and gloves, etc.

I only have one shaft for my driver. Now that I’m starting to learn to swing it, this will be something I see myself tweaking over time.

I have a shameful amount of shafts in my house hahaha!

Some variety, lots of similarity, mostly awesome.

and it's already snowballing with golf gear :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see your feedback on what JB sends you. Enjoy!

I'm not like @Canadan. I only have 2 shafts and I am using my second 9ne as a swing trainer. :D

Back