Do you play better when you walk or ride?

I have been using my golfing as my exercise regimen....I have walked 25 rounds since April. And a few of the rounds namely Federal, Royal New Kent and Stonehouse....it's almost stupid to walk based on the green to next tee distances....but with the Covid thing many places were only allowing walking....I have been scheduled to play 11 rounds in 10 days in Scotland come August....That may or may not happen...but it is all walking and the goal was to get prepared for that. I'm relatively sure I play a little better riding, but fatboyslim here needs to do the walk...Ha

What's the average number of steps walking 18 holes? Whatever that number is, it's the number of times I have to think about my knee during a round. That's a lot of thoughts that aren't about golf. So I ride and focus on hitting shots.
at our course it's about 16,000.

Walking, I think. My riding rounds sample size if very miniscule compared to my walking rounds though. I just enjoy walking significantly more than riding.
I definitely enjoy walking more, but find myself "bogeying out" the last few holes even when I'm playing great

at our course it's about 16,000.
Yeah, I'll pass on that. My wife made me way a Fitbit or something for a week and regretted it. I don't need 16,000 more steps to amount I already have each day.

And more to the topic, if my knee gets more sore, it changes my swing. It wants no part of that finish out over your left side nonsense. Would surely affect scoring.

Remembering times I used a cart , for the most part my scores tend to be better

I think I am more into the round when walking or pulling personally therefore I tend to play better. However when carrying the bag after about 14 holes I was exhausted, if I'm going to walk I'm pushing or pulling

My rounds seem to be equal if i ride or walk. I do enjoy walking though if it is not too hot out.

I do better walking, but will come in leaking oil on the last couple holes if I am not in shape and/or it is hot (> 85 degrees).

but had a couple good holes. I really have to accept the fact that teeing forward time is here at 78 years old.
In any event, It was difficult walking, but in the past, I always preferred walking and scored better, club selection was easier. Temperature certainly affects it as well. Today it was 97 Deg when I left the course at around 11 am. No more walking for me. (I want to, but just can't).

No difference in my scores. I'd be ok with never taking another cart again, at least on solo rounds.

I used to think that I was able to stay loose a little more when I walked and played better but after using a cart a few times this spring I think I play better when riding these days. I like being able to chill in the cart in between shots and listen to some tunes.

Back