do you play clubs from a brand you don't like?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
i don't mean that you have to hate that brand but you just don't click with them for whatever personal, albeit probably non-sensical, reason? for me, it's callaway...but lo and behold, my bag is predominantly callaway these days...and no, i don't have a logical reason for not embracing them...and i can't even give you a non-sensical reason.

I'm really, really new to golf but I have to visually like a club to have confidence in it. I started playing Callaway and their technology really intrigues me so I bought all new stuff haha.

If I don’t click with them, I probably wouldn’t play them well, the mental portion of the game is so huge. But with that said, if I tried a set from a brand I wasn’t a fan of that I played really well, I’d definitely bag them.

I don't think I could play clubs I didn't like, confidence is a big factor in my game and if I for some reason was not happy with what I was playing,

I don’t think I could do that. It would partly be a confidence thing I guess. But if I didn’t like the brand, it would be in my bag.

I don't think there's a single brand that I wouldn't play, but you'll probably never see a Callaway club in my bag, but I do use the ChromeSoft. My bag is pretty mixed right now: Ping driver & 5w; TaylorMade irons; Vokey wedges; Scotty putter.

I am not a huge Ping guy but it play their wedges. The Glide 3.0 is just really solid for me.

My last 3 sets of irons, 3 drivers and several fairways and hybrids have been brands I had not played previously (or, in the case of the drivers, hadn’t played in 25 years). I didn’t dislike any of the brands but was pretty unfamiliar with their products. I just had played others.
I did like the looks of the equipment and, most importantly, got good performance, which helped with my confidence levels.

I don’t like Ping but I have a G Crossover in my bag that is so useful I can’t let it go. While I don’t necessarily dislike the company I’ve also never been drawn to Callaway, but I also have a Mack Daddy CB that I love.

Not particularly but I have been interested in titleist irons as of late. I love the feel of their stuff but never liked performance. Been interested in the T100 irons though. Not planning on getting a new set until next year though

I mean I'd bag some Taylormade stuff if it worked for me.

I try to play brands that support THP’ers.

I don't dislike any companies enough to rule them out completely. Sure I have my favorites, but there aren't any brands I totally write-off right away.

I will say though that I'll never own anything named Epic from Callaway. Few years ago now you couldn't walk down the street, sit in the office, or read something online without someone calling something that’s rather ordinary "epic." Hearing coworker conversations like "Oh wow the drive-thru worker gave me 5 extra ketchup packets" "Oh dude that is EPIC" day in and day out back then still makes me want to bang my head against a wall. Big Bertha is classic; Apex irons no problem; ChromeSoft ball is one of my faves. But no Epic for me. I suppose this falls under the nonsensical reason category haha.

Closest thing I can think of is my ball, but I'm trying to fix that. I currently play an oncore ball but I'm testing out a few bridgestone models, snell (currently in the lead) and the cut DC. Up next will be CSX and the new LS of I dont find a match.

My bag right now consists of a Cobra driver and woods, callaway hybrid, Ben Hogan irons, Cleveland wedges and a Mizuno putter. I like all of those companies.

I have always played clubs from brands that I like.

Back