Do you play mostly one course, or spread it around?

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As the title says. Do you have a home course where you play most of your golf, or are you a "nomad"?

I play 2, but I’m tired of 1 of them so it’s about to be 1.

I have a home course, but I also play two others.

I’m a member at home course, buy punch cards at the next, and the last is a country track that costs $5 per 18.

Most of my play is at my home course - it's 15 minutes from home and I play cheap there. Winter in the Arizona desert is our prime season, so that's when golf is most expensive and I'm not going to go pay $70 -$100 (or more) to play other courses when I can play my home course for a fraction of that. We play most of our "away" golf during the summer, when prices are much more reasonable and you can get on some really nice courses for bargain deals. It's also a lot less crowded because most people don't want to deal with the heat.

I have had a home club until recently, and will join one again in a couple weeks, but I try to bounce around my area as much as possible. It breaks up the monotony, and it's better for the game to mix it up. I have a lot of lost years of experience to make up for, so the more variety the better.

As I’m not a member of any course and there are plenty around me, I tend to bump around a lot. Never play the same course twice in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play 98% of my golf at my home course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work at a course so most there and the other courses metroparks run I can play for free. Don't mind paying once in a while to play with THP'ers

I have a home course that I play, but I would say most of my golf is playing 3-4 courses regularly.

I play mostly one course and have a membership. I will play a few rounds at a few other courses throughout the year though. I'm retired and play 3-4 times a week year round, so it makes much more economic sense to buy a membership at a course I like and play there with my regular playing partners and groups. I find the course very challenging and also play three different sets of tees so never gets boring.

We have three courses in town. Two are public and one is private. I have a membership at one of the public ones and that’s where I spend 99% of my time, I do still play the other one occasionally. Teeing off there in four hours actually!

Spread it around pretty much because my home course is tough and beats me down on a regular basis and I need a break from it sometime. I am a member though and while I am working and have the dollars I will hit others, but once I retire might have to save the coins. We will see how it turns out.

Spread it around, mostly what the best deal I can find on Golfnow the day I'm planning on playing.

Mostly the home course - 90%+

Basically one course. (Eagle Haven @ Little Creek)

My old group of hooligans used to have a lot of fun years ago by playing all around eastern VA. and NC on weekends but we're all getting older.

Group membership so play a small grouping but find myself a lot one. If I'm golfing with the typical crew it is away from these courses so I guess I am ç a little of both even though that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mostly home course but like to play others in the off-season when rates are lower.

99% of my golf is at the same course. A reasonable, annual membership fee that allows for unlimited weekday golf is the only way I could afford to play as much golf as I do.

95% of my golf on the same public course in recent years. my golf buddies live 75 miles south of me. We play a course that cuts my drive down to about 60 miles and avoids any city traffic

I generally play one course during the year mainly due to distance since it’s very close. The other I frequent is 20-25 mins further away so playing the closer course can save me up to 50 mins a day for taking care of things at home when I get back.

About 60% at the club I joined five minutes from home. 20% at the course in our lake house community and the last 20% at various other clubs. I like to play short exec courses to work on short game skills or for a quick fix for the addiction.

All but maybe 10 rounds a year (out of about 250 total) at my home course. Don't have much of a choice where I live unless I want to travel over 30 miles each way. I retired to get away from a bunch of driving so not too keen on that idea very often.

Myself and two buddies are regulars at one course. Just about every weekend. I belong to an online club that I play different courses with maybe 6 to 8 times a season. I have an interval week in OCM and play a few down there every Fall.

Back