Do you practice with your gamer ball?

Putting, every time. Short game not so much, if I'm on the practice area then I'm working more on mechanics than rollout distances which I tend to work at in real time on the course. Doesn't help that the short game area at my course tends to be full of range balls that are collected a couple of times a day, so if I used my gamer balls then I'l be hunting around in a sea of ropey ones for an hour!

I used to just use a few Top Flites that I keep for putting practice. But now I use the balls I’ll be playing the round with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the putting green, yes. On the chipping range, no, I use the range balls.

Yes.

I see a lot of folks say putting. Why do you feel that way? Curious as I would think your gamer is more important when chipping than putting from a performance standpoint? Am I missing something?

Note I try to use my gamer for both, but not always, as I also really like the Q-Star tour divides to see spin and roll when practicing.

Typically no, unless there are no balls. If for some reason I already have what I’m going to play in my pocket I will use them. I have no feel/touch so it makes no difference to me.

Yep. Use my gamer for both chipping and putting. These are feel shots so important, I think, to get in a groove with the ball you'll be playing on the course with.

Not that it has helped me putt better... :ROFLMAO:

My gamer balls are colored balls (Supersofts should tell you what kind of a "gamer" I am), and those are ideal for putting and chipping on a busy practice green. No question which balls are mine.

I use my gamers for everything but out of the bunkers.

Yes. I try to do all my putting and wedge work with gamers.

Always. I make my kids do the same too, luckily we can buy actual practice balls.

If I am hitting balls at home or practicing my short game at the course, I am using my own golf balls. Most of them are retired gamers.

Hitting balls on the range before a round, I will be using house range balls.

I’ll use my actual gamer ball during practice chipping and in around the practice greens. Everything else is range balls.

When putting, yes. Chipping depends on activity around the area, but usually range balls.

Very few courses around here will have the same course greens experience that will be had in the practice area.

Yes….use 5 balls but primarily putting. Couple time a year I will practice chipping. 99% of my practice is before rounds on weekends.

Do very little practice any more, my practice is playing. I'll generally start with a new ball but I'm only going to lose one maybe two players a round then I'll go to something else in the bag. Have no problem using a found ball, we don't wear then out.

Putting, yes, and especially short game close to the green. I play a high-spin ball and my short game is built around that. Practicing with a low-spin ball or even a range ball, which I see people do, would hurt.

Back