Do You Putt at Home?

PuttOut trainer & Well Putt 13' mat in the basement

Yes, I do putt at home. Right now I'm just putting on carpet, but I've been looking into a matt but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

And if so, are you using a mat or the floor? Something else?
Nope. Wall to wall hardwood floors here and no matt. Our old house had carpet and I would putt there sometimes though, especially during the winter.

I enjoy putting at home on my Amazon green and using the PuttOut pressure trainer. Very inexpensive setup and easily worth the money. I try to hit 50-100 putts a day.

5 pages of reply's and I have to be the guy, thanks. Do I putt at home? No I do not, I have been know to go to my local course and just putt instead of play on that rare occasion.

I do and just use the carpet in my basement, along with my PuttOut.

Yes, I have a PuttOut mat, I run the vacuum over it every other time I use it to keep it smooth and fast. Also have the PuttOut Pressure Trainer

I do more than most, often an hour or more each day in the winter. Yesterday I probably putted 2.5 hours while watching golf as the high temp was -6* and I didn’t feel like going anywhere. I’m holding out hope that it will traslate to more putts made on the course one of these years. I have a 15’ by 5’9” green. Putting for me is my biggest area for improvement and it’s mostly mental as I putt well on the practice green. For my index I’m a better than most at lag putting but I miss way too many putts in the 4-10 foot range. I’m evidence that great putters are born, not made, lol.

I just scheduled a series of putting lessons and maybe this is my year to get better with the flat stick.

View attachment 8993498
What is the over under on putters in that bag? 🤣

What is the over under on putters in that bag? 🤣

I should have a contest and give one of the putters away. It’s tough because some 33” putters are hiding and the count changes sometimes a couple of times each month. :) FWIW, they all work about the same on the course.

Big Moss putting green. I try to putt a few times a week. Need to start doing more actually.

I do more than most, often an hour or more each day in the winter. Yesterday I probably putted 2.5 hours while watching golf as the high temp was -6* and I didn’t feel like going anywhere. I’m holding out hope that it will traslate to more putts made on the course one of these years. I have a 15’ by 5’9” green. Putting for me is my biggest area for improvement and it’s mostly mental as I putt well on the practice green. For my index I’m a better than most at lag putting but I miss way too many putts in the 4-10 foot range. I’m evidence that great putters are born, not made, lol.

I just scheduled a series of putting lessons and maybe this is my year to get better with the flat stick.

View attachment 8993498

Nice set-up and that's quite a gaggle of putters!

Putt out with a 15 foot mat. Usually work on 3-6 footers.

Perfect Practice all the way. I've tried them all. The ones with the standard hole size get really boring but the 2.5" hole on the standard mat keeps me focused.

It's pricey but the build quality is there. Be sure to iron it though. Also, to help ease the cost, I used the coupon code SAVE15 on the official site and it took off another $20.

Got a birdieball last year. Great putting mat, just don't use it as much as I should (once or twice a week). I did start tossing around the idea of building an outdoor one this spring (real grass, not artificial) but the cost of a proper mower is a big prohibitive

Back