Do you putt....scared?

I wouldn't say I putt scared. I try to hit ever putt like it's going in the hole,, but I think my ball gets scared of the hole sometimes.

Huge shoutout to @jmix18 ! He called me out for putting “scared” last weekend. The last 2 and a half rounds, I’ve kept my putts on line and haven’t left anything short. Chasing a lot more made putts now and I feel confident! I’m trying to make putts now instead of trying not to miss too bad. Appreciate ya Jason!

now that the elevado is back, i putt for dough 🚀

Huge shoutout to @jmix18 ! He called me out for putting “scared” last weekend. The last 2 and a half rounds, I’ve kept my putts on line and haven’t left anything short. Chasing a lot more made putts now and I feel confident! I’m trying to make putts now instead of trying not to miss too bad. Appreciate ya Jason!
And I Appreciate you!! Well done!

Great pro golfers have said this over and over again. You need to have a process you follow that you can rely upon in those pressure situations.

For me, my tendency is to hurry up. Hurry through the pre-shot routine or skip a step and/or hurry the backswing. So knowing that helps me stay committed to sticking to each step, allowing the usual time or process to go through each step, and make sure I start my putting backswing as languid as usual. If I do that, I'm fine. But as you can tell it took a while to get there.

I am fearless when it comes to putting. I really put a roll on the ball inside 10' - 15' feet. Very aggressive with the flat stick.

Couple of reasons. 1, I take some of the break out. 2, I'm never short.

Sure, I miss my fair share of putts, and when I do, I have another putt of some length coming back.

I'm a decent putter in as much as I have very few 3 putts. I always assume I will make everything.
Same here. Im always too aggressive if anything. I live by the adage, "never up, never in".

Same here. Im always too aggressive if anything. I live by the adage, "never up, never in".
Yep. After doing it enough times over the years, when I miss a putt, those 2, 3, 4, footers back to the cup don't phase me much.

I started putting this way watching Tiger Woods putt during his run of greatness.

I continue to push short putts in the clutch. Both Friday and today I missed par putts on 9 to finish my round. Both were less than 5 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back