Ah, my pre-golf days were filled with races of all kinds. I used to pin a number on 20+ times per year. Races included running (5Ks, 10Ks, half and full marathons), triathlons of all distances, cycling (road, mtb, and cross), XC ski marathons, adventure and mud races. Loved being in really good shape. Once traveled to Miami for a conference and saw they had a marathon in the morning. Registered at the expo on Saturday evening and ran the following morning. No specific training meant it wasn't going to be easy but I finished before heading off to the conference. Then golf came along...

I retired from dirt track racing in 2010. I started in 1992. I pretty much gave up golf all those years. I raced on dirt, everything from street stocks, super streets, e-mods, and a-mods. I still miss the driving aspect of circle track, but don’t miss all the hours put in wrenching or the money spent year after year.

Did this for a while...

dNxuZpK.jpg
You my friend, are crazy. Bad ass though! ??

You my friend, are crazy. Bad ass though! ??
;)

Wasn't a nitro bike (those ARE dangerous). The pro mod pictured ran on 114 octane VP Racing fuel and was a 8.5 sec, 155 mph 1/4 mile drag bike. 60 footed in 1.2 secs.

Before that, I flew for 25 years and the last 5 yrs, I was heavily into aerobatics in these...

qt2wx9F.jpg

K8nlyfU.jpg

From my p.o.v., the more you risk your life, the more you appreciate your life.

When I was a kid, I used to race micro-midgets. I won one race, and totaled the car not once but twice! After the second wreck, the sponsor said, "That's IT." He couldn't afford me wrecking the car so much! Now, I'm a such a cautious driver that my WIFE calls me an 'old lady'! :ROFLMAO::p

As a youngster raced gocarts then moved to Motocross then Bracket racing cars. Drag raced snowmobiles for a few years then I started playing golf.

Paging @Robozeo

I used to race in a very competitive online racing series about 10 years ago. Had to stop when the kids came, but I still jump in and race occasionally. Really wish iRacing would have gotten as big as it now earlier. I would have loved to try my hand at racing with the big boys.

I still do this...

Attachments

• Boise BO.jpg
    Boise BO.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Mullis.jpg
    Mullis.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 5
I race to the fridge and beat my kids before they notice my wife got home with grocery's ;)

SC or Quick Rod? 8.90 index?
Top Dragster although I would rather bracket race for bigger money. My wife says 8.90 racing is stupid. lol. I've went 6.95 at 193 in decent air with the dragster.

I used to race a little motocross back in the day, as well as doing snocross and snowmobile radar runs. It was fun at the time but its a chapter of my life that Ive closed.

I still do this...

Bad ass....:eek:. Not sure I could ever convince myself to go that fast in a straight line. I've gone 162 mph around a banked corner but that seems way less scary than Funny car/Dragster speeds that you have to be pulling in those things. Dayum.

Top Dragster although I would rather bracket race for bigger money. My wife says 8.90 racing is stupid. lol. I've went 6.95 at 193 in decent air with the dragster.

Nice! Going fast is the whole point... well done!

I've done about 350 10' off the deck... does that count? o_O

Bad ass....:eek:. Not sure I could ever convince myself to go that fast in a straight line. I've gone 162 mph around a banked corner but that seems way less scary than Funny car/Dragster speeds that you have to be pulling in those things. Dayum.

I think some people get addicted to the adrenaline rush. I know I do.

Check this out. A friend helped design and build this one. It's a pro fuel bike, runs on methanol. 140 cu inch v-twin, with dual 80 c.i. superchargers. We estimated it made around 700-800hp. Sounded like a Top Alcohol motor. Ran 6.90's. What an animal! and a real handful big tire bike.

mrkSHls.jpg

Ive never raced competitively, But have been involved as a safety corner worker with the local Motorcycle Road Racing club since 2005. I have done many track days as well

T7 GSXR 2019.jpg

Many moons ago, I did road race motorcycles. Got pretty good and took a couple regional championships in CCS and WERA.

I was like Stroker Ace, either on the podium or on the side of the track.

I always wanted to drive a hot car around a track and see what I could do and not have a worry as to speed limits, etc.
My youthful indiscretions don't count. :eek: I still love the sound of a V8 when it goes by. (y)

Different kind of racing was on the TV the other day: dog agility and the jack russell races. That was cool.
I need to get a new dog and let them do the racing/running. :unsure::cool:

I'd like to take a car around a track but I'm not competitive... and I'll spend my limited funds on golf stuff

Back