Do You Regrip Your Own Clubs?

Yo should drill a hole in the bottom of that pan, tilt it and add in a receptacle for collecting the excess. Get all McGuyver DIY up in there...

The pan isn't always in that position, so I just use a funnel to reclaim into my "waste" bottle. BUT I'm going to look at a drain plug option and line now that you mention it... ;)

Nah... I buy the grips I want and local course has a shop in nearby town so they'll run them over there and do it for cheap...

Sure do. Have a workbench I built with a vice, works good enough for me

Yep. Do it with air. So blue painters tape, a vice, and the air nozzle. Quick and easy.

Yes, I grip my own and half of the neighborhood's.

My setup is minimal. I have a bench vice and use a rubber shaft holder in the garage.
I use a paint roller pan for the solvent catch.
That's it.

I wish I could put a full station together and do more of this stuff. I enjoy doing it.

hmmm maybe the next house... No work bench in this one and no good spot for it. This is definitely an area of interest including shaft changes and re-gripping.

I did for the first time earlier this season. I will going forward. Easy to do and gives me something to tinker with.

I do all mine, usually either in the back garden or near the kitchen sink. I have some plastic containers to catch the solution so that I can reuse it

Very very basic but it works for me

I do my own with the exception of a putter in either a kitchen or bathroom sink. I don't want or need any fancy workstation.

Yeah, been doing my own for several years now. Garage workbench with bench vise, and a large tool box that I keep my grips and supplies in.

I do all of mine. My setup currently is anything from just a knife, tape, spray, and muscle on the balcony, to full clamps and bench in the job trailer, to "hold onto this" in a parking lot. I've done a set clamping to my truck tailgate while waiting for a customer to show up. Even when I do have my version of a full setup available, it will never include a bath and collection tray. Count me out of that nonsense.

Bench vise with a rubber shaft insert out in the garage. Use a plastic paint pan to catch the solvent.
Picky about my grips and want them all the same diameter and length when installed.
I measure down the shaft so each grip comes down the same distance when applying my grip tape and installing the grips. I dislike removing old tape quite a bit.

I have my "Official Golf Pride Re-gripping Center" sticker above my setup.
I let my club guy do the grips on my irons and wedges presently and its driving me bonkers on a couple of them. He blew them on. It's always been a little awkward having my club guys send them back to me ungripped, but I think they understand. No idea why, but I have yet to have anyone put a grip on my 58º that is even close to the other two wedges. Factory or otherwise. Always longer and skinnier. Always.

Doing it myself started when Golf Galaxy installed my grips using water-activated tape and solvent.
They were spinning around on the clubs so bad when I picked them up, I said, "are you serious?" o_O
That was a whole lotta years ago. :ROFLMAO:

After getting some grips in my mystery grab bag, I will be attempting a DIY! I’ve never had clubs regripped before because apparently I’m a savage, so there’s no time like the present.

I do. Have a table, vice, & drip tray for solvent. I've always done my own grips (y)

Yes. Have been doing my own for at least 20 years. Nothing fancy in my setup. I have a workbench vise and air compressor in my shed and an old plastic container to hold under the grip to catch the excess mineral spirits.

I've been doing mine every 6 months myself. Its actually pretty easy and gives me a sense of accomplishment. I switched over to an air compressor a few years ago and never turning back to the solvent. Nothing fancy on the set up though, but it works for me.

Yup. Over the bathroom sink. No fancy setup here.

I do. I have a simple setup with a vise, rubber shaft clamp and a spray can. I also have a spade and needle to put on the spray can to remove grips for reuse.

Yep, I do mine and any of my golfing buddies who ask.

I just use my garage workbench. Toss in a rubber insert for my bench vice, a knife, heat gun and I’m good. I screwed down a little desk lamp beside my workstation and it’s helped to have that extra brightness.

Tape and grips usually come from Golf Works, but everything else is found at the box store.

I did for the first time about a month ago. No elaborate setup but I'm working on that.

Absolutely why pay for something so easy?

I don't but I probably should. Its just a matter of learning how to do it. If I did, it would probably make me angry how much Ive been getting ripped off all these years paying someone else to do it.

I do my own, I have a gripping station i bought from Golfworks.

Back