Do You Remember All of Your Shots From the Round?

Do you remember all of them?
Not an issue for me.

I read somewhere that what keeps athletes up at night are their poor or heart breaking performances, not their good ones. 6 years ago I missed out on a playoff in a USGA qualifier by one shot and to this day can recall every shot and putt of the round. Shortly after that I shot my personal best round and the recall is fuzzier with that.

Nope, I have @Snickerdog for that. Dude can itemize what we ate at each comfort station, all our shots and the wind direction from our Grandaddy round.

I’m awful at remembering shots after a round, but my father has an uncanny skill for it, he has an uncanny ability to recall almost every shot from last round and even rounds prior to that

Yep. Vividly.

The same day I can but they start to get erased soon after. Heck, I even forget entire rounds given enough time.

There are times I will replay a round in my head, it is good to recall details that could help you in future rounds.

Able to remember every shot with pretty decent detail. Lie and/or stance issues, what the wind was doing, break/rollout for the putts and chips etc... Don't know if this is typical because I've only played three times this month but I still have good recollection of each shot for those last three rounds (2 different tracks in MO sandwiched around 1 round in IL). Only thing missing are specific details on a couple putts from the third round back which was back on Labor Day. I think if I were playing and practicing as much as normal that round wouldn't still be as fresh but I don't know? I always replay them in my head once or twice anyway. Helps me sort out where I made mental mistakes, and zero in on what I need to work on.

Yeah, for a round or two and then they are gone without a prompt.

I usually remember all of them. I have a habit of reflecting on my round later on and I can usually remember every shot if I run over a particular hole. I usually call my dad right after a round to talk about it and can always remember most or all of my shots when we talk about certain holes.

I can only remember every shot from the last round, sometimes two. More than that and things get hazy.

yes when I play a local muni that I know well. bit harder if playing a course I'm not familiar with. I can still recall all the shots on #7 from Saturday. I guess when I play Sunday it will overwrite the prior week.

At my home course I do, on courses I haven’t played before or often I’m hit or miss on what I recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember my shots for a few days if it's a course I know fairly well. If it's a new course I sometimes have trouble remembering all the holes.

No, usually I cannot but it depends on how well I played. On a bad day individual holes can become epic tales of miss hits, lost balls and penalties, sometimes I can’t remember what happened after I walk off the green. On a good day it’s much easier, I might lose track of a couple of shots.

Last edited:
Yep I do. Ball flight , how it was hit, what I did wrong, and once in a while what I did correct.

I remember most, but refer back to my Garmin app to recall all of them. When I look on the app, I can recall every shot

Other than a memorable drive or putt here or there, I can't just pull out "the approach I hit on 14..." but usually I can replay the round in my head that night when I go to bed...

I was speaking to my 80 year old father today about his round this morning back in FL. He was able to remember every single shot he hit and said he always has been able to. Me on the other hand, I can remember a few, but most blend together.

Do you remember all of them?
I have a good memory for that stuff. I try to have a longer memory for the good, especially putting.

For the most part, after the round I could recall the shots. If you ask me tomorrow, no way.

On courses I've played a lot I can seem to remember more of them than a new course.

Yes, for at least a while. I can remember a lot of shots of significant rounds, too. I can remember most of the shots from when eight of us THPers played a tournament at OCN a couple months ago.

I can replay every shot from last night's round in my head. Probably a good portion of my playing partner's shots, too.

Yes, for at least a while. I can remember a lot of shots of significant rounds, too. I can remember most of the shots from when eight of us THPers played a tournament at OCN a couple months ago.

I can replay every shot from last night's round in my head. Probably a good portion of my playing partner's shots, too.
I can remember all the birdies you rolled in for sure, you even cut me on a few. Also, move your marked coin back to original spot. LOL

Unfortunately

Back