Do You Remember All of Your Shots From the Round?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was speaking to my 80 year old father today about his round this morning back in FL. He was able to remember every single shot he hit and said he always has been able to. Me on the other hand, I can remember a few, but most blend together.

Do you remember all of them?

Right after the round I can but after that, its just the good ones and the bad ones. Everything else is just a means to an end.

I have a horrible memory when it comes to this. I've tried going back through rounds in my head and it's crazy hotter much I forget in such a short span of tone. I'm always jealous of people that can instantly recall their rounds.

yes. apparently when we were first dating, i used to regale @LovinMcLovin with my post round play-by-play. bless her heart she convinced me she actually cared. she's a good woman lol

I probably can, at least till I play again in a couple days. After that, I can usually remember the extra good or extra bad shots for a while.

Yes I can remember them all, usually even from several rounds back, sometimes even years from memorable rounds/courses. Can be both a blessing and a curse haha

I was speaking to my 80 year old father today about his round this morning back in FL. He was able to remember every single shot he hit and said he always has been able to. Me on the other hand, I can remember a few, but most blend together.

Do you remember all of them?

Yes. I usually have nightmares about most of them.

I lose track after the first hole.

Seriously, if I remembered all my bad shots, I probably wouldn't play another round.

I usually can, at least for a few days after the round. Courses that I've played a lot are harder to remember, or at least pin those shots to a specific round. Great rounds, or rounds at unique courses, are easier to remember. I remember almost all the shots from my even par round a few months ago.

Yes, I'm one who can remember every shot for the round. I do not have any need for a scorecard in casual rounds.

I can for a few days/until the next round, whichever comes first. I know this because I go back after the round and verify my Arccos data before loading my round summaries into The Grint.

The shot trackers help me with this.

post round i could tell you distance and selection, a week later idk...

Nooope. Not a strength of mine. I envy my playing partners who can keep track of our entire foursome’s scores as we play.

I cannot remember every shot the next day. I am glad of it:p

and i can usually remember almost every shot from a range session

I remember all the good shots. The others, like you, tend to blend together. I do have certain rounds where everything is clicking when I can remember a majority of them.

I can recall most if not all shots from my last round the day of for sure, but after any stretch of time or after more golf I only remember the ones that stick out. From those I try to dwell on the good ones!

I can after the round as I make sure that Shotscope has tracked them correctly. After that it's only the good ones I remember

I remember them all for quite a while.

I can do it on the same day shot for shot. I could tell you each of my shots from off the green from my 2 rounds this weekend.

I just went through my round Sunday and I can remember them all. I would have a hard time if the course was not already committed to memory though. I played Sunday at my home course where I obviously know every hole intimately. It's hard to remember anything when playing a new course.

Yep, every single one of them. Even the one's I want to forget. :p

I do tend to remember them all

Back