Do you root against your local sports team?

OH man, my son got two master's degrees there. :(
I won't hold that against you.:ROFLMAO:

No really I don't root against them unless it's good for Tech. It's just nice not having all the the guys I play with giving me crap because we've been so bad for a few years.

As a lifelong Bills fan living in New England I root against the Pats twice a year.

Not against my local teams, but not for them either, unless I'm in attendance. I generally don't care either way. But my local teams aren't "my" teams since I didn't grow up here.

Yes. With very few exceptions, I hope the Saints lose every game they play.

Nope Boomer Sooner!

I always root for the Red Sox and the Patriots because I have enough time on my hands to waste on them.
I don't realize that the Bruins and Celtics exist unless they make the finals. No need to worry about that, so I'm told.

And I don't watch out of market games that don't include the Red Sox or Patriots at all because I'm not a huge sports fan--
I just love Boston.

Yes

I live in Red's country but I cannot in any fashion for any reason ever cheer against my Cardinals.

The gators if they are considered local.

I mean it’s the Raiders so…. Yeah 😜 More so out of habit than anything

Depends on your definition of local. If you mean closest team to you, then yes and kinda no. FSU is the closest team/school to me and I will pull against them in any game except for against Alabama of Ohio State. FSU has been irrelevant for several years so I haven't had much of a chance or reason to root aginst them. Lol.

The other other sport I really follow to the point of consuming a lot of TV coverage is MLB. The Braves are the closest to me at about 4 hours away and I am kind of neutral on them. Don't root for them or against them. With them being in the NL and my beloved Red Sox being in the AL, the only time I would likely have a reason to pull hard against the Braves would be if they met in the World Series.
Hopefully that never happens 😉😂

Nope, the Reds and Bengals don't deserve the effort, either for or against.

if the Bengals sell the team, or show a real investment in winning, such as building and indoor practice facility to no longer be the northernmost team without one

OR

if the Reds try to win and not spend offseasons "aligning our resources" while their best hitter and pitcher walk out the door

I might come back in the fold. But until then, I don't see the point in actively rooting against, and my news Braves hat fits really well ;)

I like two baseball teams, the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs.

As a lifelong Bills fan living in New England I root against the Pats twice a year.

Cookie Ghilcrest and Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion give us fits.

Yep, Giants fan living in Eagles country for a few years now. It’s been tough since I moved here during the years that the Giants are trash 🤦‍♂️

Back