Do you still mow your lawn?

MarMill

Morgan Cup Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
I want to quit and pay someone. I get ready to and waffle...

baylrballa

Hackers Love Puppies
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife made me quit and pay someone. I actually enjoyed it, but it takes a lot of time out of the weekend.

Jaw2000

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Carbs
I quit that the summer after my second carpal tunnel release surgery. Have not looked back and frankly kick myself for not quitting it sooner. Also, I don't shovel my walk, I have a snow blower for that - and sooner than later hope to move south and drop that from the list once and for all too.

Briton G

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My lawn only takes me 30 minutes to mow, as long as it is not a swamp and i don't get stuck.

Reframmellator

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It's exercise. It's therapeutic. It basically allows me to check the lawn for problems as I'm mowing.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy #FunForEveryone
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I do. I like doing it. But I do want an electric mower!

Muchmore18

Truly Thankful Member of the 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I mow ours. It’s about an hour and a half job but I enjoy it!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes.
Didn’t for years in FL. Moved here and enjoy doing it. Just like detailing my cars, it’s a pride in ownership thing for me.

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
I still mow it. I used to enjoy, but with kids and life its a time suck. I like striping things out, sadly my grass is soooooo crappy its kind of a losing battle.

Bcape9

#TeamEvolve
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I enjoy yard work, especially mowing the grass.

Camjr

Reaction score
I turn 54 next week, my kids are grown and out of the house, and I still mow my own lawn. I realized that if I'm too busy to take an hour every week or two (depending on the growing season) to take care of my own lawn, I'm doing something wrong and need to evaluate other choices I've made. Just my $0.02...

Gman79

Vegas Golf Baby #ShaftUp1
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes.
Didn’t for years in FL. Moved here and enjoy doing it. Just like detailing my cars, it’s a pride in ownership thing for me.
Echoing this point Pride of Ownership! Might be a bit going to my head, but during nightly walks I compare yard and landscaping in the neighborhood. I am doing something right if the wife says our yard looks like a golf course!

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
In our current house I do, it's only about a 1/4 acre of my 8 acres and it's mostly woods and my pond. If we still lived at my old house, that 6+acres of lawn was getting old quick!

Reframmellator

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Echoing this point Pride of Ownership! Might be a bit going to my head, but during nightly walks I compare yard and landscaping in the neighborhood. I am doing something right if the wife says our yard looks like a golf course!
I love it when one of our neighbor couples, both of whom are landscape architects, ask me what I;m doing to my lawn because it looks so good.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It always blows my mind when someone will pay tens of thousands of dollars for a vehicle but won’t wash it 😃😃

templeton80

Artist formerly known as nvgolfer80
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I mow my lawn.

templeton80

Artist formerly known as nvgolfer80
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It always blows my mind when someone will pay tens of thousands of dollars for a vehicle but won’t wash it 😃😃
I wash and care for my vehicle in the summer. The winter months are pretty pointless with snow and other weather. I will wash it maybe once or twice from Nov - March.

Joshnoble01

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I do not mow my lawn. I live in a HOA that handles it. I would love to do it though. I really want a piece of land that is large enough to require a rider mower but is an easy mow that won't take an entire day. Always wanted one for some reason. I loved mowing the lawn when I was a kid. I always wanted to help my dad and he wouldn't let me until I was old enough. He had an old gas Atco mower that wasn't the safest thing ever built. I started when I was 9 or 10. He let me start edging when I was 7 or 8. I mowed my neighbors lawns all through high school. Had a local racket on Saturdays.

oumagic

‘20 MC: Team Paradise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.7
I still mow, but my wife likes to have someone else do the shrubs and trees. I guess her seeing me on a 8' ladder with a beer and a chainsaw settled it.

RealPretendPsychic

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Like @JB said we never did in Florida, but we do the yard here in TN. I help with the edging and weeds and he uses the mower.

It's nice to get out of the house and get a little vitamin D too.
My wife will occasionally help with the edging, but then she complains for days about how sore her arms are. Not worth it! She does help with weeds and shrubs though.

RealPretendPsychic

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I still mow, but my wife likes to have someone else do the shrubs and trees. I guess her seeing me on a 8' ladder with a beer and a chainsaw settled it.
Wait, like beer in one hand and chainsaw in the other?

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
My wife will occasionally help with the edging, but then she complains for days about how sore her arms are. Not worth it! She does help with weeds and shrubs though.
I do the weed eating and edging and pull any weeds from the flower beds. I find using the weed eater to be the hardest part, usually because I am already sore from working out all week so I tend to have to keep switching hands and grip position so my hands don't cramp up.

RealPretendPsychic

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I do the weed eating and edging and pull any weeds from the flower beds. I find using the weed eater to be the hardest part, usually because I am already sore from working out all week so I tend to have to keep switching hands and grip position so my hands don't cramp up.
I will admit I’ve been neglecting the edges early this year and I spent so long edging yesterday that all my batteries died. I am feeling it today!

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in