Do you still mow your lawn?

I leave work at 3pm every other Friday to cut the lawn and weed eat(weed whack for you Northerners).
Takes me a few hours, but doesn’t take any time out of my weekend.

Not anymore. Too many other things to do on weekends .... Uhh, like golf!! :ROFLMAO:

Yep sure do and enjoy doing it

I mow mine. Just got done. It takes around 1 hour 45 minutes with a 60" zero turn. Sometimes my son mows but i kind of enjoy the time.

Speaking on [landscape] edging, any recommendations? I haven't found anything that works as well as these. I have to pound them back in to the correct height every spring, but they have lasted a long time, and I can easily replace individual sections:

my neighbor and i use to switch on and off. but recently he had been doing it every week. i jumped ahead of him and did it once 2 years ago and not more then an hour later he came out and did it again. he didn't like how high i left it. well since then i have not done it once...lol

Wait, like beer in one hand and chainsaw in the other?
Of course not. Beer sitting on the step and two hands on the chainsaw. Cut a limb and take a drink; it was like 115 degrees outside that day and I was drinking Bud Light to hydrate!

I generally quit moving the lawn between the middle of May until the middle of August. But, I pay way too much for my two mowers. ;)

Of course not. Beer sitting on the step and two hands on the chainsaw. Cut a limb and take a drink; it was like 115 degrees outside that day and I was drinking Bud Light to hydrate!
I know the feeling! Just saying, I had like a super lumberjack image in my head up on the ladder, beer, chainsaw, the whole thing.

Definitely mow ourselves. And depending on which section, I’ll either use the push mower or lawn tractor since we’re on acreage.

The gas powered weed whacker gets taken out 3 or 4 times a year, but our growing season is short.

We do ours, it takes about 90 minutes or less with a push mower. My 8 year old son is usually begging me to do it, he likes it so much. It doesn't get done as "neat" as I would like, but I can't be too hard on him. He's still learning, and getting better each year. We just got a battery powered mower (Ego+) this year and have really liked it so far.

I used to pay two neighbor kids but it ended up being over $600 for the season.

So, I mow now. I get almost 4000 steps in and don't mind it.

We do ours, it takes about 90 minutes or less with a push mower. My 8 year old son is usually begging me to do it, he likes it so much. It doesn't get done as "neat" as I would like, but I can't be too hard on him. He's still learning, and getting better each year. We just got a battery powered mower (Ego+) this year and have really liked it so far.

One of my favorite memories is my three-year old son following me around the yard, pushing his Fisher-Price bubble mower.

Last edited:
yes and often so I don't have to rake up the extra. Just have 1/2 acre now. In CT I mowed 5 acres but had a Scag with 60" cut.

I still do, probably 1 of 2, maybe 3 on our 14 house street that doesn't have lawn service. Definitely get the pride thing and as long as I have time and don't have any physical changes that make it harder for me to do, I will continue to mow myself. Plus it's great to get some fresh air!

Nope, quit several years ago. I was working a bunch of hours, she was going through her masters program and decided something had to give or we'd never see each other. We plant flowers (I dig holes EXACTLY where I'm told to) and that kind of deal but Juan handles the grass.

I do, and it's as close as I come to living my childhood dream of driving a tractor, so i enjoy it. Have about 1 acre I mow, and only take 45 minutes or so on the Zero turn. Long enough to enjoy, but not too long it's a burden or takes away from family time.

I got a rider for my lawn. It's a bit sizable and would be a huge pain with a standard push.
I'm happy to do it instead of paying a service. Takes me about 45 minutes to do a decent job of it.

I loathe gardening though. Eff that.

Also, I don't mow my lawn. I cut my grass :ROFLMAO:

As of next month I will only have to mow my small front yard. We are upgrading the back yard to over 15oo Sq Ft of turf with a 300 SqFt putting green:):)⛳

Funny you'd ask. I mowed then put out forty bales of pine needles. I of course got a call for free Wells Fargo tickets while I was working. I am going Sunday and parking at the club.

Of course I do. I put in the ear buds, crank up the tunes, have a cold brew sitting in the shade for me every time I have to empty the bagger, I hit the tastey brew. The neighbors think I am nuts when the mower stops for me to empty and I am singing at the top of my lungs......:D

Mine is about a 45 min mow plus weedeating with my 36 inch walk behind. I like the walking.

Nope, and haven't for about 5 years.

I mow and trim. My wife does the flower beds. I enjoy getting some "quiet" time for about an hour a couple times a week.

Back