Do you still mow your lawn?

It always blows my mind when someone will pay tens of thousands of dollars for a vehicle but won’t wash it 😃😃

If my wife didn't tell me to get my truck washed I would probably get 2 a year.

Getting the inside cleaned is worth the money.

I mow mine and do most of the yardwork minus chemicals and aeration/seeding.

I don't really like doing it but I love looking at it when I'm done.

In our area for our size yard it would cost $300 plus for weekly service. Since I do it myself it takes care of a big chunk of my golf budget.

It would be nice to have someone do it for me, but it’s not that much work and I need the exercise so I do it myself

I reluctantly still mow my yard. I bought a Honda commercial push mower 3 years ago and now, paying someone else to mow for me would be a waste of a really nice lawnmower.

One of my favorite memories is my three-year old son following me around the yard, pushing his Fisher-Price bubble mower.

Yep, that's how my son started too, lol. He's always enjoyed mowing.

I don’t mind doing the lawn. With two little ones I would rather spend that time doing stuff with them I guess. My allergies can flare up too from lawn work. Deep inside I know I won’t be able to hire a service. Need to pass it down to my one year old son at some point.

I did ... and then I'd skip too much - golf comes first. So I hired someone.

I know the feeling! Just saying, I had like a super lumberjack image in my head up on the ladder, beer, chainsaw, the whole thing.
If that were the case, I am sure my wife would have insisted I continue. 😜

I do, but it takes me longer to get the mower out & dump the bag then it does to actually mow the front & the back.

I mow and trim. My wife does the flower beds. I enjoy getting some "quiet" time for about an hour a couple times a week.
please send your wife to speak to mine about "doing her part" in the flower beds :ROFLMAO:

Yep still do mine. I do relegate it to the stepson frequently though now, he is of age where he needs the responsibility

Yes but it's not much of a lawn. Damn weeds and crabgrass, despite all the treatments I do.

Just gotta get thru this year and hopefully have at least the front revamped next year

No time, but if I had some I think I would. I want to bring back those old days when I grew up seeing fathers on riding mowers with a beverage. Shirt optional.

Yeah I mow mine. I don't love it but can't justify spending the money for someone else to do something I'm fully capable of.

I do, I actually like mowing. I hate weed eating though! Just got done actually, I like to mow on Friday so I can play unobstructed on the weekends.

Yep I cut my own grass. Then during certain allergy seasons I have to quickly run inside to take a shower right after I'm done. Then there's gnat season too so even though it's 85º and humid outside I'm wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt mowing away. I'll stop to talk to my neighbor and the stupid bugs don't bother him at all while they feast on me. Grrrr.

When I visit my parents I usually end up cutting theirs too, but they have a rider so it's actually fun.

Yes I still mow it, and I do it with a manual reel mower.
My brother uses one of those at his house in Portland. He says he uses it because it doesn't make noise. I tried it once and I think he's nuts...I'm trying to get him to try an electric mower.

No mowing for me, I work too much on the weekdays to spend multiples hours away from the family on the weekend to do yardwork (property is over an acre so would require quite a bit of time to maintain by myself).

No time, but if I had some I think I would. I want to bring back those old days when I grew up seeing fathers on riding mowers with a beverage. Shirt optional.
Ha this brings back some memories for me, my father always did the yardwork with his shirt off.

I do. Last summer we paid a guy because there was a fella in our neighborhood that got laid off due to COVID and needed cash. I’m back to doing it myself this year.

Yep...why would I pay someone?!?!

I mow mine with a push mower. I have always been the guy that refuses to pay someone to do what I am capable of doing myself. Mowing the lawn and washing and waxing both cars are on my agenda for tomorrow.

I do, but I'm not particularly attached to doing it or anything. It's a pain when I'm really busy. It's one more thing that takes time and energy, and burns calories. I've had one of my guys do it on occasion, and should probably just pay for a service, but I'm obviously not ready to throw in the towel on it yet.

Back