Do you still mow your lawn?

I just finished my yard - 80 x 120 lot. Sadly due to the condition of my grass I have dedicated mowers; one for the front (the good one) and one for the back.

After much struggling over the last year plus, I finally broke down and put a new carb in my Husky blower and it ran better than it has in years. I adjusted the carb on my trimmer last weekend, so now I've got more top end speed again which will help with the edger attachment. I also switched over to trufuel for the heck of it - time will tell if it's worth it or not.

I'll be honest though, I'd rather spend three hours at the curling club prepping ice than pushing a mower around my yard. I did realize today however that I could probably wear my Bose QC headphones while mowing.....

I no longer have a lawn so I don’t have to worry about it. But if I did, I’d be paying someone to do it. Hate anything gardening related.

I want to quit and pay someone. I get ready to and waffle...
I do and I love it. I couldnt imagine paying someone to mow my lawn for me. I even mow it twice a week (its actually better for the grass that way), as well as doing weed wacking, edging and blowing the walkways/drive way clean.
I enjoy it because its some me time, away from all the stresses of life. Its just me, the mower and the lawn. For me, its a very meditative experience.
We may have a cleaning lady but the day that my wife proposes hiring a lawn care service is that day that I say absolutely freaking not.

Don't mind mowing the lawn at all. However, in the fall I am ready to hire someone to take care of all the leaves.

I do but my yard is pretty small. It does also look worse than when I had someone do all the work but frankly it doesn’t bother me.

I finally broke down and put a new carb in my Husky blower and it ran better than it has in years.

I did the same thing late last year with mine. Were you running 100% non ethanol gas in it before? I wasn't and that's what killed mine. I now run the aforementioned non ethanol.

I do my lawn. It takes about an hour to do it all, and I only have to empty the bag once in the middle. I trim occasionally when it gets a bit rougher at the edges.

i enjoy cutting my lawn, and it is usually my escape on the weekends when my wife wants me to help with cleaning the house/laundry or something like that.

I enjoy mowing the lawn and some gardening, I don’t have a large yard and the gardens are perennial so minimal work.

I've always mowed lawns, well for as long as I can remember. 70' x 165' lot with a lot of non-grass landscaping as well. I always like to keep the front nice and like having enough grass to play catch or badminton in the backyard. The sun/rain combo in the spring and I'll mow twice per week until the rain slows down. I don't like letting the grass get too tall. On Saturday between my son's lacrosse game and an after noon round of golf, I got it mowed even thought it was just mowed on Wednesday evening. The rain in Sunday's forecast would have left it too wet for days and it would have been too high to mulch. Bagging is fine but I don't like getting rid of it.

Had to replace an electric trimmer last week. Decided on a Bolen 2 stroke. A buddy turned me on to the pre-mixed fuel. He said since he's gone to it he's never had a problem with any 2 stroke equipment, generic or namebrand...

I bought a new 42" zero turn John Deere this spring. My neighbor borrowed it and now mows his, mine and the two rental properties I have across the street. WIN WIN:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, my wife does it most of the time, since I hate doing it, and she loves doing it.

I love gardening and mowing is therapeutic since I use a rider. Lawn actually looks good this year after tackling weeds and leaving it longer than I used to.

My brother uses one of those at his house in Portland. He says he uses it because it doesn't make noise. I tried it once and I think he's nuts...I'm trying to get him to try an electric mower.

Yeah with the manual reel mower you do need to cut every 3 days in growing season and every 5 days in summer. Any longer and it’s a tough push or takes longer.
That said, this year I bought an Ego Mower because I wanted to let the lawn grow long to try and smother out weeds.
Ok the truth is I bought the Ego because I wanted more time for golf and will just use the reel in July and August.

I still mow mine. Takes about an hour, mow about once a week to 10 days from May 20 to Sept 15

That said, this year I bought an Ego Mower because I wanted to let the lawn grow long to try and smother out weeds.
Ok the truth is I bought the Ego because I wanted more time for golf and will just use the reel in July and August.
I know it's early May but have you tried the Ego yet? How do you like it?

I know it's early May but have you tried the Ego yet? How do you like it?

So far it is so simple it is great, I get 3 mows before a recharge. I did change the blade to the "high lift" blade, and it cuts much better than the stock blade (not as good as the reel). I have a city lot, not much to cut so I opted out of the self propelled. I wanted to avoid the tune ups, winterization, and dealing with gas since the manual reel is maintenance free, just sharpening paste every other year. To me the time saved is what has made the cost worth it. If I was already on gas mower, I wouldn't have changed.

Going to be buying the Ego Snow blower too. My back was screaming at me this past winter. Also thinking of replacing the black & decker leaf blower with an Ego.

We have 5 acres, and mow about 4 of it. It takes about 6 hours. I still enjoy mowing. I always have. I find it therapeutic, in a zen sense.

I make my wife do it. I'm usually having a beer watching her.

In all seriousness, I did it a few times and it wasn't done to her liking, so she sort of forbad me from doing it. She enjoys doing it so who am I to argue. In fact, the boys bought (meaning me) her an battery operated mower one year for Mother's Day and it was probably her most favorite gift ever - not the spa treatment, not a piece of jewelry, not flowers but a frigging piece of lawn equipment. My wife's weird.

I'm in flux anyone have advice on the best e mower? My other option is to pay someone obviously?!

I'm in flux anyone have advice on the best e mower? My other option is to pay someone obviously?!
We use a Greenworks 60v and like it a lot

I mow my own lawn, and really like to do it. The only time I have paid for some one to do it is when I had a severe case of sciatica and just couldn't do it myself.

Great deal of satisfaction when you can see your lawn striped just the way you like it. I usually pay a guy to come out twice a year to spray for pre and post emergent weeds as I don't have access to the good weed control stuff. He will also treat for fire ants etc too if I need him to.

Then why do you hate iron covers so much? :p
Because you are hiding the beauty. It would be like keeping your yard perfect and covering it with beer cans.

And fwiw I don’t hate them as much as many do.

Right now I’m looking at it and the answer is a firm no (for tonight). I’m struggling to thermoregulate anymore after the illness and weight loss. It’s 50*. It’s been spritzing a touch.

Normally no big deal I’d have mowers and been on the course, but I used to roast at 65*. Now I wear thermals into the 80’s. It’s 50*. No thanks. Tomorrow may see 63*. That’s better. A hoodie (damn am I a cold wimp) and I should be good then.

We did get 3” of rain on Sunday so what’s not flooded is growing like, well, spring grass.

Yep I mow my lawn. My two boys are about to learn this summer but I have a feeling it wont be good enough for me.

Back