Do You Talk About Your Equipment?

Yes, but I have toned it down as most people I talk to are far less interested in the equipment talk as I am as they seem to zone out after I start talking about it.

As far as posting on equipment I need to do a better job at continuing conversation with the equipment, once I feel like I hit all the points I wanted to make I sorta drop off on further comments if there doesn’t seem to be a response to the review or a follow up question to answer from someone curious as to the equipment.

Last edited:
Not my thing. I get lots of compliments on my Stitch bag but thats about it.

I love talking about my equipment. It's my favorite thing about THP.

Reactions: JB
I love to talk equipment. It’s probably my favorite part of the game!

I will talk about equipment with anyone that has interest. THP is probably the main place I discuss, my regular group does not swap out clubs as much. I do keep them posted on the WITB of the day however, and we have some good discussions about what woods, irons, etc might be interesting to try for their swing.

I like equipment discussions unless someone is unrealistic. The “fittings don’t matter” and the “this driver will get me 5 more yards and lower my score guaranteed” crowd can be hard to take at times. I like to know “why” it’s in the bag more than “what’s” if that makes any sense.

When I get new gear, I absolutely do talk about it. I don’t find myself talking about things that are in my bag unless I comparing it to something new that I like better or worse

I like to talk equipment. Especially if something interesting is in someone’s bag. I get a lot questions about my equipment as there’s not a lot of cobra stuff. Love telling the Morgan Cup story and how great the equipment and community is.

Last edited:
Absolutely - it is the first crutch I fall on "Just got these new irons and driver... no idea what's going to happen"

I do when my equipment is somewhat up to date. I’ll post about my ST-Z, but I won’t write up my thoughts on my Rogue 4W. The time for that club has passed, but I’ll bring it up in fairway woods threads because I love that club. I need to search out a thread on my Mack Daddy CB wedges and throw down some literary diarrhea there. As long as it’s still relevant I’m ok with sharing my thoughts.

I’ll preface what I write with my handicap. And it’s not because I’m proud of it. I know how hard it is to find reviews from someone around my skill level about a club I’m interested in so I’ll put it out there. A scratch golfer might have a different take that doesn’t really align with my needs.

I'll talk about my equipment all day on THP. If I'm playing golf with by buddies we tend to talk about other things unless someone has something new in the bag.

Me? Never. ;)

Sometimes I think I am Jordan Spieth reincarnated with how much I talk to my golf ball :oops:

I love talking about equipment in general on THP and in the pro shop.

My equipment is old. I participated in the threads dedicated to them when I got them but it's all old news, now. Not much to talk about, I suppose? 🤷‍♂️

I do when my equipment is somewhat up to date. I’ll post about my ST-Z, but I won’t write up my thoughts on my Rogue 4W. The time for that club has passed, but I’ll bring it up in fairway woods threads because I love that club. I need to search out a thread on my Mack Daddy CB wedges and throw down some literary diarrhea there. As long as it’s still relevant I’m ok with sharing my thoughts.

I’ll preface what I write with my handicap. And it’s not because I’m proud of it. I know how hard it is to find reviews from someone around my skill level about a club I’m interested in so I’ll put it out there. A scratch golfer might have a different take that doesn’t really align with my needs.
Please do share your thoughts on the Mack Daddy CB wedges. I have one arriving Friday, looking forward to taking it out!

My forum participation disappeared coinciding with simply not playing golf. Back when I was playing and posting a lot, it was rarely about my equipment. I’m just wired to be constantly lusting over something else, and I felt at times, the equipment I was playing was boring (I know this isn’t 100% true as there is always someone out there looking for feedback on what you’re playing, even if it isn’t at the top of the forum).

I‘m lucky I get to play with @ddec quite a bit, and he always has something fancy in the bag, so when he let me tinker with his stuff, I always tried to make a point of sharing my feedback on the forum.

There are some guys in my league who really want to talk equipment and a lot of them pull me into those conversations. It's fun.
My forum participation disappeared coinciding with simply not playing golf. Back when I was playing and posting a lot, it was rarely about my equipment. I’m just wired to be constantly lusting over something else, and I felt at times, the equipment I was playing was boring (I know this isn’t 100% true as there is always someone out there looking for feedback on what you’re playing, even if it isn’t at the top of the forum).

I‘m lucky I get to play with @ddec quite a bit, and he always has something fancy in the bag, so when he let me tinker with his stuff, I always tried to make a point of sharing my feedback on the forum.

and A loves to talk about equipment.

I don't really, unless the question is posed. Especially my bag with all irons besides the driver.

The only question really is why aren't you pulling driver on the first few holes. They soon realize why, but I explain it to them going into it until it actually is.

The equipment I now have in the bag will hopefully bring uo more, as they are gorgeous! Even more so with the lead tape.

However, it could lead to why aren't you as good as your taped up clubs depict.😜

I miss you Petey

There are some guys in my league who really want to talk equipment and a lot of them pull me into those conversations. It's fun.

and A loves to talk about equipment.
I should let her respond to the “Does color influence you?” thread…

Back