Do You Talk About Your Equipment?

I miss you Petey
Hi Dougie. It’s nice to see so many familiar names still around and posting. I was flipping through pictures on my phone the other day and came across the picture of us ignoring targets and smashing fairway woods off the back net at Top Golf in Vegas.

Wait…bingo.

Attachments

• 0DF2740F-49B0-40FF-84FA-21CBDFF5ED12.jpeg
    0DF2740F-49B0-40FF-84FA-21CBDFF5ED12.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
My next door neighbor and I are golf gear heads we talk all the time. One of my new clients and I talked gear both yesterday and today. He's looking to get new irons for both himself (20 years since his last set,) and his wife, just taking up the game. I told them get fit! But to be aware of if fitter is pushing them in one direction, not to fear leavimg and trying again at another place if they are not happy/comfortable.

On course, if my partners bring it up I'll join in. I've even let one or two hit the mizuno driver (not easy for me to allow that). And talk up THP all the time!

Hi Dougie. It’s nice to see so many familiar names still around and posting. I was flipping through pictures on my phone the other day and came across the picture of us ignoring targets and smashing fairway woods off the back net at Top Golf in Vegas.

Wait…bingo.
Or this one from 2014...
20140926_204359_HDR.jpg
Been too long my friend!

I have a few buddies that will talk gear with me. I love hearing other’s perspectives on what they are looking for.

Yup. Especially when it's new or something awesome happens that I think the equipment was critical in. Thinned iron shots, mis-hit drives, or weird putts that all turn out well.

I talk about my equipment, your equipment, new equipment, upcoming equipment I/we might want.. any equipment basically. Here, at/on course, and just about anywhere and everywhere else. I like it.

Looking forward to reading back through this thread for the different responses.

Please do share your thoughts on the Mack Daddy CB wedges. I have one arriving Friday, looking forward to taking it out!

Oops. I added to the comments under the article. I didn’t see a Review thread on them so I added my comments to the thread I saw on the MD CB.

My thoughts on the MD CB wedges.

Yes and no... with shades of gray. Yes if I get new, current year equipment, I will talk about it on the appropriate threads.. some. I do feel a little intimidated at times because of my ability, and general lack of content knowledge, and at the chance of being unhelpful or repetitive, I usually error on the lame side. If I find something that really works, I usually try to let people know.

I’ll post what I’m tinkering with during the year, or when I have something new in the bag. I’ll also talk about my experiences with current clubs if someone is looking for input/feedback in a thread.

Most of my clubs are no longer current model so they usually don’t draw the biggest conversation. But again, if it’s something that I’m playing or have played, I’ll chime in.

Last season my main equipment posts were about driver shaft and irons testing. I wanted to play a 48” shaft before they became illegal in competition so I picked up a Riptide CB and had fun with that for awhile. And then I bought a few Apex ‘19 irons to compare against my MP-20 SC’s. Made sure to put up a few photos of each since pictures always seem to be enjoyed by THP’ers.

Equipment chatter is always a mainstay in our games. We love to talk about past, present and future gear and we are all experts at what each other should be gaming - but not ourselves haha.

I do but it's mainly because I'm playing One Length and it's out of the ordinary for most folks.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Depends who I'm playing with, but also my bag hasn't changed much in ~2 years, so talking about equipment gets a little boring, mostly because I just don't have a lot new to say.

I love taking equipment. Especially with people who know more than me so I can learn. I’m kind of a talker anyhow so if it can be about golf then that’s perfect haha.

im a little quieter on here mainly because a lot of my thoughts are based on my feels and sees haha. I don’t have a lot of tech knowledge to go about conversation with some here and I guess I get a little intimidated? 🤷🏽‍♂️

It depends who I’m playing with. Some people I play with enjoy it while others don’t care too much. I enjoy talking about it because I like to see what works for others and what doesn’t

I enjoy talking about equipment on the forum. Whether it’s talking about new irons or an old putter or a shaft that I’m testing for the forum, sharing experiences with forum members is fun… And expensive! :)

Back