Do You Talk About Your Equipment?

Many forum members have their way of expressing themselves. Many love to talk equipment. Myself, well that's not my realm of expertise. Others are much better at describing the pros and cons of equipment. I know what I like and engage on that equipment but not to the detail that many go. Alternatively I do travel around and play some great places and that's the area I try to add value here. THP is a wonderful outlet for my internet meanderings. I'm thankful for such a positive place to spend time.

I love to talk about my equipment. The equipment is a very enjoyable aspect of golf for me.

I don't talk much while playing unless someone takes the bait. In the pro shop or other golf shops I frequent, it's full on equipment talk. When I came back from NM with new Titleist irons, I paraded them into the pro shop and made 2 of the pga course professionals hit them. I give updates every time I am there. Took the same irons to a local shop and put every single one on the Mitchell loft and life machine and talked about them as I made notes on each club. I find the equipment geeks like myself and then max the equipment talk throttle.

Open up, please.

:)

Super happy with my current gear except I tried iron shafts I have never played before in the nippon 120s. I am not sure about these.. I dont think I like them.. I cant really put my finger on why but I am not sure I am a fan. So.. I am going back to what I know I like in my next set.

I do a little bit. It’s not in my nature to “push” stuff on other people. But I play my Grandaddy bag and people ask about the G, and when they do I tell them about it, including the gear.

I love to talk about my equipment or items I considering limited knowledge or not. I also play with a lot of random people and will ask them questions about their gear.

I've learned that either they know almost everything about it or absolutely nothing.

I love talking about equipment on the forum.

There are definitely days where I don't, but I am super fascinated by how THPers experience clubs I've hit personally, so I read about our differences or similarities.. I think it's wild.

No, I don't talk equipment much. I subscribe to the belief that "It's the Indian, not the arrow."

Currently, this Indian isn't good enough yet to really dive into the nuances of equipment. Ask me again at the end of next season. ;)

I absolutely do! When winter comes its much harder to talk equipment without being able to hit and/or see it so I have to live vicariously through those who can.

Oddly enough, I dont think I talk about equipment very much when everything is great. Its when things start to go awry that opens me up more. To an extent, I think theres only so much that can be delved into from an "equipment standpoint".

Initial thoughts, how theyre performing, feel, sound, looks, playability, forgiveness, lack there of, etc etc.

Now, there plenty that can be talked about in regards to the data and metrics that equipment spits out if its being measured.

Super happy with my current gear except I tried iron shafts I have never played before in the nippon 120s. I am not sure about these.. I dont think I like them.. I cant really put my finger on why but I am not sure I am a fan. So.. I am going back to what I know I like in my next set.

Over the years, heard the same thing from others playing that shaft.

Over the years, heard the same thing from others playing that shaft.

I am sure that it like a lot of things golf. You either like it or you don't.. I am not sure what it is I am not a fan of but I am moving on.. haha.

I am sure that it like a lot of things golf. You either like it or you don't.. I am not sure what it is I am not a fan of but I am moving on.. haha.

Odd in that one usually doesn't hear it about Nippon. But I have heard it about the 120's only.

Good luck, as always.;)

Odd in that one usually doesn't hear it about Nippon. But I have heard it about the 120's only.

Good luck, as always.;)

I wonder if I would like the 130s more..

Honestly I probably talk TO my equipment more than I talk ABOUT it.

To piggyback on what @Daluteh mentioned, a lot of my gear is older so it doesn't hold much interest. It's almost 2022, I don't think anyone wants to talk about Baffler XL irons or Great Big Bertha fairways :ROFLMAO: I'd rather talk about what newer gear I want to replace all those clubs with.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on a minute. How are those fairways working out for you?
Which ones do you have?
Are they more forgiving than Mavrik fairways?
Are they all stock or did you change their shafts?
What are the lofts?

I know my gear isn't the oldest; it's not the newest either. One of my clubs tends to be either nostalgic or a punchline... it depends at times. Rocketballz.:ROFLMAO: It almost can't be said with a straight face.:ROFLMAO:

I talk a lot about equipment from balls to clubs with fellow golfers. And I definitely talk a lot when people ask. I'm definitely more inclined to offer more details the more others ask. I'll talk and/or post generalities that've I've found or experiences I have, but the more the conversation develops, the more questions that are asked, the more I tend to share.

Most of my golfing buddies are club junkies like myself and we constantly talk about equipment every round be it our current set ups, characteristics, something new we read or saw, etc.

Nope! I am not really interested in what you are playing and assume you could care less about mine. Love the "do you like those PXG irons" questions on the course. Nah man, hate em.

I definitely talk about my equipment much more often that I should, and it almost certainly bores people.
It's just that while I'm not a club ho, I really enjoy the topic, especially certain aspects of the topic, and sometimes forget that people may not be interested.

I'm toward the end of my golf life now, but I should have addressed it years ago.

I find it hard to talk about equipment on the forum. I try and be active and participate where I can but as a high handicap golfer without a lot of technical date/experience hitting different clubs it is hard to find areas where I can add value in an equipment review.

Everyone I golf with knows I won this set for the MC, so I talk my Cobras up every round with them 😎

Everyone I golf with knows I won this set for the MC, so I talk my Cobras up every round with them 😎
Everybody is skimming I guess.
This was about do you talk about your equipment on the forum. :)

Everybody is skimming I guess.
This was about do you talk about your equipment on the forum. :)

ha. Sorry JB. Yes sir, I try to ☺️

In the last two seasons since I returned to the game, NO ONE I’ve played with has ever brings up the subject of their gear even when myself and 2 of my usual playing partners bought new irons except for saying “by the way, I got new clubs.“

Some of my friends will talk gear. I like learning about a different manufacturer, club, or piece of equipment that I have not used before. I have gotten blank stares when I brought up wedge bounce before, so I know that not all of my usual group will partake.

Back