Do you talk trash on the golf course?

I don’t have the game for trash talk.........yet.

I don’t play well enough to talk trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on who I'm playing with. With some people it's nonstop, with others it's nonexistent. If I do it, it's always in a good-natured fun way, though.

I have to admit, I enjoy golf most when I'm playing with guys where the trash talk is hot and heavy and we're all having fun with it. If you can dish it out, you'd better be able to take it, though. Can't stand a guy who talks trash and then gets butthurt when it comes back at him.

Last edited:
No, I usually just ignore yeah talk or laugh it off. I've never been like that in sports.

No
I typically don’t give a shat what the other person is doing or saying, if someone starts saying anything to me they basically get it after a hole or two that I’m not buying into their shat.

Really depends on who I am playing with, but overall I am not a big trash talker.

No, not good enough to back it up. Plus talk is just BS if you can't back it up, enough of that around already.

Trash talk might not be the right word, but in my group, we don’t hold back the laughter after a miscue. We rarely talk trash before the shot, it’s more “that was horrible” after the shot.

Saying “Just not your day” with a smile is all I need.

Certainly. I am not Michael Jordan or anything, but I definitely have a decent wit and a good sense of humor so getting a dig in here and there (including on myself) is part of the fun right? One of my favorites is in a team event when either me or my partner has hit a terrible shot and the other one has to step up and cover for it saying "No Pressure, No Pressure"

If they do. I play with one guy who I won't ever give a putt to unless its inside of 2 feet. I mention to him all the time not to 3 putt when he is inside 15 feet.

One of my favorites to say, playing with my brothers when they have a 10 footer is 'I've seen guys 3 putt from there"

Why is this even a question?

I pretty much talk trash at all times. I give grief like its my job.

No I really don't. I'm there to have fun with friends so I want everyone to have a fun time while out there. Unless we are both playing well and it comes down to the last hole, then maybe a bit.

I have zero interest in besting someone because I succeeded in Pi**ing them off. If I can't do it with my clubs, it's a small win. When someone runs their mouth I assume the inverse. They don't believe they can win with their clubs.

I honestly do it most when playing with my best boys golfers on the HS team. Not because they can beat me, these two can’t consistently YET but because I’m trying to get them to get their heads right and not let emotions spill over.

I don’t trash talk the girls because none of mine respond to it, they just have to be called by first and middle names after a shot and they’re shaken. They’re turning into killers on the course though.

Never unless the other player starts the festivities.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Really depends on who I am playing with, but overall I am not a big trash talker.
It’s definitely a good idea to “read the room”. Some people consider it all part of the fun, others want no part of it and would be irritated by it. I can roll with either of them.

Like many others it just depends. If I it s my league partner absolutely. Many of the guys in my league are fair game too but I typically won’t be the first to say anything

All the time, but only to myself. I’ve got no business talking trash to anybody else.

With my regular buddies I do. We played hockey together, and we still crack on each other pretty hard. It’s all in good fun though. With people I don’t know, I am obviously on my best behaviour.

Nah, you have to have game to talk trash. Mine has been on vacation

Well if I am playing with @dwchockey13 he always gets some grief just because.

Nah, you have to have game to talk trash. Mine has been on vacation

Well if I am playing with @dwchockey13 he always gets some grief just because.

27f6657608cbfcf0e43e0a17617ba51a.jpg

Bring it old man, when we golfing again? I got some new one liners for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really unless someone I am playing is talking trash, then I will give it back some.

Back