Do you talk trash on the golf course?

I try not to say disparaging things on the course.

Legit trash talk? Not really. Friendly banter? Hell yeah.

27f6657608cbfcf0e43e0a17617ba51a.jpg

Bring it old man, when we golfing again? I got some new one liners for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When ever you can tear yourself away...with all the lessons you are taking I need 8 strokes

never, I'm always positive, but I have friends who have to go to confession for their trash talking.

I don't trash talk, but it wouldn't bother me to give it or receive it as long as it was friendly banter.

When I was a kid playing sports, I was pretty obnoxious. If someone was trying to catch me from behind in football, I'd taunt them with the ball. In baseball, it would be insults yelled to opposing pitchers or batters. I look back and am embarrassed by that to some degree. Like I said, it's one thing if it's friendly banter and another if it's mean-spirited.

I’ve been playing regularly every Friday afternoon with pretty well the same foresome of guys and we always have a match (2 vs. 2) selected by throwing a tee on the first tee box. After probably 10 years tge trash talking gets pretty heavy, makes for a lot of fun and some fun rematches.

If someone starts up with me I will. And I give it back in the same tone I get it. Usually nothing too heavy or serious.

Depends.

If I’m playing with the normal crew then we’ll talk a little junk here and there.

I personally enjoy assuming my best Jim Nantz voice while my buddies line up a shot they need to nail: “To 15... he really needs this one... what’s he got left, Dottie?”

If I’m with people I don’t know well then I keep my mouth shut.

i usually don't ... it often backfires within a hole or two when i do :LOL:

My trash talking is only to my buddies who are scratch or near scratch. They know there good and should be able to take a good ribbing.

I don’t know if you can consider it trash talking occurred on the course today, but there was a lot of banter.

Depends who I’m playing with.

I first need game, before I can talk trash

Mainly just friendly banter, not a very good trash talker.

Playfully, all the time. More pointedly, when provoked.

Not trash talk, but I’ll give a little stick when I’m playing with my mates.

A a little bit to my regular group, but not a lot. Quite frankly I'm not good enough to talk trash.

I love a little trash talking .

From reading the responses, it sounds like everybody has a different definition of what "trash talk" is, which probably influences how people answer.

I'm usually a trash talk taker. I've been a player, coach and official in other sports in my younger days. I tried not to let chatter and chirping bother me too much. So on the golf course I like the shenanigans and take it as fun spirited banter, however I never gloat when my playing partners are having a tough day.

When I played other sports I used the trash talk as motivation and let my play and success do the talking for me. I'm not a good enough golfer to take my game that seriously.

Back