• Nope just a blade of grass

Votes: 15 12.5%

• Total voters

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So watching Chris Kirk on the Par 3 #7 and he just tossed his ball on to the tee box. No tee.
This got me to thinking...there are times that I won’t use a tee but it’s rare.
Do you use a tee on Par 3’s?

I always do

95% of the time I am using a tee on a Par 3. Only time I don’t is if I’m being lazy.

Always. Especially if it’s a hike I am in between clubs. I will tee it a little higher and go with the longer club but if all goes well I will hit it a little higher on the face. Have 2 Par 3’s I do this at my home club all of the time with. One plays between a GW and 9 iron depending on where the tee and pin is. The other is between a 9 and 7 iron.

Always.

Give me the perfect lie every time.

I find a broken tee and then place it essentially on the ground. I've always felt that gives me the best lie

Never pass a free lie.

I haven't used a tee for anything besides my driver in at least 3 years.

Every opportunity I get.

I like a nice fluffy grass tee on a par 3.

I will always use a tee.

Every single time

Generally yes, but it may depend on the club I am hitting.

Almost always. There is one short par-3 at my local course (~100 yds), usually hit my 56* on this hole, and I do tee it up. Every once in a while they will have a front flag, and the tees at the front of the tee box (maybe playing around 80 - 85 yds), so I'll hit my 60*, and for some reason I won't tee that one up. :confused2:

So watching Chris Kirk on the Par 3 #7 and he just tossed his ball on to the tee box. No tee.
This got me to thinking...there are times that I won’t use a tee but it’s rare.
Do you use a tee on Par 3’s?
100% of the time. A little extra help in the only spot on the entire golf course that your allowed to do it.......yes pleasee

Considering many of the tee boxes a lumps of crabgrass and dirt, yes absolutely 💯

If the tee box offers a good lie, I don’t use a tee. If it’s sketchy, I’ll absolutely take advantage of it.

Every time. I’ll take the perfect lie whenever I get a chance!

A lot, but in no way always. No sir.

I I have the opportunity to tee it up I will even if it’s just 1/8 “

For some dumb reason I didn’t use one for a very long time. I have changed that in the last year.

Always. Too hard to find a decent lie on most tee boxes. And it stops me from hitting fat.

Arnold Palmer would not have agreed w/ no tee.

Back