Do you tee it up?

Tee on a Par 3?

• Give me the wooden peg

Votes: 105 87.5%
  • Nope just a blade of grass

Votes: 15 12.5%

• Total voters
I can’t imagine anyone not wanting to take advantage.

I always use a tee, can’t pass up a perfect lie

100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can find a broken one on the tee box I will, which is 98% of the time. That 2% though, doesn't bother me not to use one

Like others have said. Can't pass up a perfect lie.

These threads are always fascinating.

Always. Get the best lie you can, when you have the option.

I never turn down the opportunity to create the perfect lie.

I always tee it up, carry a 1" plastic tee for par 3s

I stopped for a while with all my wedges and short irons but my pro yelled at me about it the other day so I guess I am going back to it.

Depends. I don't for 8 iron or below unless the tee box is chewed up. I like the way those short irons launch off the grass better.

I went through a phase 6-7 years ago where I wouldn’t use a tee, but now I use one 100% of the time.

100% of the time, can’t pass up a perfect, flat lie.

Always same as others in that you pick a perfect lie. Read somewhere that pros did either or depending on needed distance or spin but my game isn’t in the same galaxy so always a tee.

Always.

Give me the perfect lie every time.

I do this. Always tee it up during a round. When I am out just goofing around at night I just throw the ball on the ground.

Yep always but prefer a short or broken tee to a full one

Always use a tee. I’m gonna take every little bit of help I can get.

Always use a tee, always.

Always tee on a par 3!

However, recently, one of my occasional playing partners (who plays qualifiers in the TX amateur circuit) plays his tee shots off the turf on par 3s. I asked him about this and he said “it builds consistency for him, and many pros do it too.”

Maybe it’s preference, but I still feel it’s an advantage to tee it up, even just a little.

I don’t use a tee for anything but the driver and occasionally one for my 3w and hybrids - but only if I cannot find a lie I like. I tried to use a tee this fall but went back to no tee - I just make better contact.

It depends on the tee box to me, if it is a nice course and the tee boxes are nice and soft with good grass I will not use a tee since it is like a shot from the fairway and you can never tee those up so why change your ball striking mindset.

But all that being said most of the goat tracks around here have dirt or spotty, crappy grass so a tee is needed to have any hope of decent contact.

I will use a short tee just high enough to replicate a fluffy grass lie.

Back