Do you think Golf's success (sales) continues in 2021?

I think Adam nailed it. Golf business, as a whole, will be strong but nothing like 2020. New people have picked up the game. People that have left, have returned. Some of those people will continue with it and others will return to the normal uses of their disposable income. One thing is for sure: the game of golf, in general, grew during 2020. I don't think the golf retains all of the gains from 2020, to be honest. It was a popular new diversion for some but for the people that picked it up on a whim, they'll drop it just as quickly, IMHO.

I agree with that and no you cant.

And with that you now bring up a different scenario pertaining to the possibility of what happens if covid stays for a lot longer and through next year?

.Ive come to realize even more than i have before that in golf there are a whole heck of a lot of people with a lot of money and even many with complete financial freedom. A relatively large portion of the golfing community was always made up of such folks. A very large percentage of golf's participants who can afford new equipment like clubs on a regular basis as well as top tier balls, and higher priced golf perishables and all the other "sales" related things on a regular basis in the industry were never (for the most part) those living pay to pay in the first place. I feel a huge portion ()even majority) of the industry always depended upon the folks who regularly upgrade equipment anyway. And those folks are mostly the ones with the money to do so and (as mentioned) do imo make up a large portion of the industry's consumers.

i think the small boom we see now lives with covid and then dies with covid. And i think (due to the above reasons) it can last a pretty long time. But eventually if this doesnt end it will at some point (just like anything else) have to fail. But i think thats a long ways off before that would happen.
Youre absolutely right. There are always going to be those who have disposable income and probably even a lot of them who have a signifigant amount of disposable income. I mean, just look at PXG. Youre average person couldn't afford a set of those clubs but PXG seems to be doing alright.
I don't think the people driving golf are the people struggling right now. It's the people who were already poor mostly who are getting hammered by this economy. I know that's not 100% of the cases, but a lot of people that were doing well pre-Covid are doing fantastic during Covid and a lot of people who were struggling before are struggling worse now.
Id say that really depends on where you look. I would say that the average office person who can work from home is probably doing fine and if you work in finance, youre probably doing well. Id also completely disagree with you that only those who were struggling before are struggling now. Just look at the layoffs at large companies and all of the small businesses that are shutting down. Theres a lot of hurt out there still, the stock market isnt the economy and has little to do with the finanaces of middle class Americans. Thats evident in the fact that the stock market is doing well but unemploymet is still high.

Gosh... I dont know how it can. We will see though. I am thinking the world is going to end though. So if that happens, no... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Id say that really depends on where you look. I would say that the average office person who can work from home is probably doing fine and if you work in finance, youre probably doing well. Id also completely disagree with you that only those who were struggling before are struggling now. Just look at the layoffs at large companies and all of the small businesses that are shutting down. Theres a lot of hurt out there still, the stock market isnt the economy and has little to do with the finanaces of middle class Americans. Thats evident in the fact that the stock market is doing well but unemploymet is still high.
I agree with some said here but not all. Or at least say imo its not quite working the way implied. Alot of companies/corporations in the market as for products and services are doing well for a couple reasons.

There are tons of people now with more free time tackling home projects they been meaning to do at home but never got to,

Small renovations or remodeling's to given room/s or areas of the home anywhere from simple paint job to total remodel as well as also outdoor projects too.
Those financially sound are doing this by the dozens. Contractors are busy as heck because of it as well as the do it yourselfers too. Products are flying off shelves at places like Lowes and Homedepot. Things like appliances for example in some stores cant keep up with the demand. Services are being utilized as well.

Not only people with the money but also (as mentioned before) the many folks bringing in the unemployment from thier state plus the 600.
Again .....this for many folks is more money than they ever brought home before. So they to are tackling projects they (not wanted to to) but needed to do but they couldnt afford the time or the money. Got that new dishwasher now, or that new clothes dryer, or the new living room couch , new TV in the bedroom as well as a paint job and etc,etc,etc the list goes on.

This is why the market is ok imo. And thats exactly what the stimulus was designed to do. It was designed with intent to move the economy and flow money. A combo of those with time and money now that they never really had before along with all the many folks who always already had it are all using services and products they werent doing just about 7 months ago but have done so now.

Middle class (or the masses) is indeed what ultimately drives the stock market. Reason being is because its the middle class (just by sheer numbers) who consumes most the products and services. This is why its important during normal times for the corporations executives to make sure they allow the rank and file employees to earn a respectable living. because in the end they are the ones who ultimately keep the corporations going. If they starve then they cant use services nor buy products and the corporations then starve. Just too bad too many executives are greedy and do not see that big picture (or choose to ignore it) as they only line their pockets with as much as they can as fast as they can and dont care.

perhaps a bit off track now....lol:confused2: but it is what it is and it all relates. ;)

COVID was the catalyst, because golf was one of the things that people could do when so many other activities were nixed. I think the increased sales numbers are sustainable for at least another year, because the pandemic is still with us. After that, it depends upon whether those who were new to the game stick with it.

Back