One interesting thing is how you define 'training aid'? Is a tee or a alignment stick stuck in the ground that you practice going around at the driving range a 'training aid? How about two tees on the putting green to create a gate? Glove under the lead arm? I consider these all these and more training aids, but some might limit the scope to some purchased training aid product. I'll limit my answer to those.

I've owned three in my over 40 year golfing life. So, I'm pretty particular and it has to match helping me with something specific I'm in need of correcting or embedding.

The first was the Klassey Swing Magic. It really did help me learn how to retain lag and when to release it. I could have probably obtained the same result focusing on the split handed swing drill. But owning this training aid made it easier and because I paid for it, probably motivated me more to stick to using it until I ingrained lag into my swing.

About 10 years ago I got the Power Stick more as a tool for physical conditioning than anything else. One hundred swings each day in the back yard does wonders for toning up the golf muscles.

The last one I don't remember the name, but I got it about 10 years ago too. It's like the orange whip, except in addition to having the orange ball at the end of the whippy shaft, you can also move it up by the hands and when you release the club the ball will slide down to the end. It's kinda the ying and yang to the Power Stick. Extremely light and whippy, it helps smooth out my swing and maintain my tempo.

Only one I have really used is the putt out.

Watson hanger, plane mate, and a putting mirror. Oh yeah and the tour striker ball for the arms. Guess I should be using that a bit more.

I have a generic orange whip type of thing but haven't used it in a while, and a super speed set that I got from a THPer. I've never even taken it out of the box 🤣

EDIT: oh, and a putt out but I don't train with it. Just screw around when I'm bored.

I use the PuttOut trainer and mat, and from time-to-time I’ll stick on a piece of impact tape at the driving range.

I guess i do! I currently use two different orange whips as part of my work out routine, and s putting matt that has helped a lot. Heck maybe i need more!

Got a whip and a swingrite, but don't use them much as I used to. Use some alignment sticks on the putting green. The swingrite made a huge difference in my iron game and swing speed. Every now and then I will take it through some swings, but now I am playing more I don't use practice aids as much.

I use an Orange Whip.

Alignment sticks is about my extent.

I use alignment sticks, lc-1 and the whip with the air swing device on the end for resistance and the club bar with bands and arm attachment to stretch.

I have the Super Speed system which I come back to on occasion and some alignment sticks. I also have a very simplistic putting mat, if that counts?

I really benefit from using putting aids like the putting plates.

I’ve trained speed to the point my consistency needs aid.

Back