Do you use a Green Mapping books?

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Until this year, many of my home courses didn’t have good yardage or green mapping books. However, it seems Green Logic has created what looks like a very good yardage book that shows all the curves of each green.

I was wondering what the thoughts on using these types of books. Do you find them useful?

At this point in my game they would only serve to annoy me. When my approach shots become accurate enough to take advantage of them they might become useful.

At this point in my game they would only serve to annoy me. When my approach shots become accurate enough to take advantage of them they might become useful.

This. I'm no where good enough to be able to accurately place the ball anywhere on the green - I usually just go green hunting. That being said, I do like to look at these green books just because I find them interesting.

I might try one at half the price, wish they had 1 hole free at each course to check out the accuracy and usefulness.

I take any info I can get, especially if I haven't played the course before. Golflogix does it decently in the app. I'm sure it'd be useful for the right price.

For me, they would be more trouble than they're worth. Maybe someone who is a good putter would benefit from such a book.

I don't but if they had them for the courses I play regular, I might be a buyer ... especially if it was aim-point friendly (if there is such a thing).

I think for the majority of golfers this would end up just being something else to slow the game down. I can't imagine the frustration of being behind an already slow four ball who insist on pulling the green book out every hole and studying each and every putt. Yardage books I do get, but green books for ordinary, everyday play? Not for me.

On courses I play a lot I make my own book. I write down mainly putts that you swear will go one way but really go the other way or just dead straight.

I've never actually seen one in person. With the way I putt it probably wouldn't even matter if I did haha

I would invest in this if I was playing the same course over and over and over. Simply not possible with the variety that I play to make it worth it in the end.

I've never actually seen one in person. With the way I putt it probably wouldn't even matter if I did haha
I think I'm the opposite. I think it may be worth it. I feel like I can roll the rock, but reading the green is an issue for me.

I'd like to think this info would help me.

I tried a green book once at a course while on vacation. I didn't like it at all. I trust my eyes and feet more than a book.

I bought one for Rustic Canyon. A Gil Hanse course near me with truly diabolical greens. @mrkich describes each green as being 4 or 5 greens in one with hills and ridges between them.

Rustic Canyon is the course where my putting is the absolute worst. So many 3 putts on this course due to its design. I'm curious to see if a proper greens book will help that out.

Most of the time no, but I think it would be a great idea next time .

I think I would enjoy using them if available.

I'm working with a researcher right now who has custom lidar systems he runs from a drone. Getting high resolution (1/2 inch pixels?) 3D terrain models of greens would be a fun project. I would go into geek overload mode.

Back