Do you use different grips on woods vs irons?

Rebel4life

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mid
In my search to find grips similar to but longer lasting than Winn Dri-Tacs, another thought came to mind. Does anyone here use a different grip on their driver or woods than the grips on their irons? If so, why? I typically like consistency, but I'm also open to suggestions that improve my game.

I kind of do. I usually have one color grip for my wedges, another color for my irons, and yet another for my long clubs. Right now I have Golf Pride gray MCC+4 mids on my wedges, blue MCC+4 mids on my irons, but have Navy/Red MCC Teams (built up to mids) on the driver and hybrids. The MCC+4 only have the two colors in midsize, and I don't really miss the +4 on the long clubs, so went with the Teams in a color I liked. :confused2:

They are still really close to being the same, which I prefer, but isn't a necessity.

All my clubs had the same Lamkin, crossline, oversize grips. When I replaced my irons, they came with Golf Pride Tour Velvets in midsize with extra wraps. They are simliar enough I don’t even notice the difference.

All my grips are the same, and they are generics as much as possible. This way, as I replace them, they all feel the same.

Generics, even if they become no longer available, replacements are still pretty much the same feel.

I use a jumbo grip on only my driver. It has relieved my severe left block very well.
All of my other grips have to be the same.

Same grips all the way thru expect putter. GP MCC+4 Green.

I have the Super Stroke Cross Comfort midsize in everything except my wedges. I kept the stock Ping yellow color code Dyla-wedge grips on the Glide 3.0 because I like the extended grip when I choke down.

Yes but not intentionally. I have multicomounds on my woods but will be switching to CP2 Pros. Wedges I use midsize grips and irons are regular. I may try midsize on all my irons

No, but I do use different grips on my wedges. I have alignment grips on my clubs, but I found them distracting when opening up my wedges.

Only because of laziness.

I have the same on all of my clubs with the exception of the putter.

I have used a different grip on drivers on occasion due to swapping out shafts for testing. Typically I would prefer all my grips to match though for consistency.

I have MCC Plus4 align grips on my woods to help me with my grip, I am working on using a stronger grip and it helps me with the placement for my hand. All others have the same.

I have the same grip throughout woods and irons. Just prefer the consistency.

My iron shafts all have the same grips. Lamkin Sonar Tour with an extra wrap. I generally don't automatically change grips on new clubs if it is something I can live with. I did just replace the grip on my driver to a Sonar Tour. Right now my wedges, 3 and 5 wood have grips different than the rest of the bag.

If I used mid size or something like a +4 I would likely replace as soon as I got a new club.

I have never put a different grip on with a specific intent.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Woods are always full cord. Go full cord on irons sometimes and half cord (multicompound grips) at other times.

I use the same grips on all of my clubs except the putter of course.

Does anyone here use a different grip on their driver or woods than the grips on their irons? If so, why? I typically like consistency, but I'm also open to suggestions that improve my game.

For swing weight purposes I use lighter grips on my woods and wedges. Regarding "consistency" I think grip diameter size is more relevant than grip material/texture.

Same grip for same feel. 2 different colors to coordinate with shafts.

In my search to find grips similar to but longer lasting than Winn Dri-Tacs, another thought came to mind. Does anyone here use a different grip on their driver or woods than the grips on their irons? If so, why? I typically like consistency, but I'm also open to suggestions that improve my game.

When I’m testing different grips, yes I will buy a couple and put them on different clubs to see which I like best. Once I do that I will try to make them all the same.
Unfortunately, I don’t always do that and currently I have 3 or so different grips in my bag hahaha

I have Golf Pride classic align (green/white) in my driver and woods with 2 wraps and Golf Pride MCC +4 in my irons (I like the thicker grips on the iron to eliminate as the left miss as much as possible).

I prefer consistency across all the clubs (except putter, of course).

Unless I'm trying something out or haven't gotten to regripping a new club yet, I play the same grip across my bag. I do like to mix up the colors some though.

Back