nicedivot

strangers in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
5 - 10
Jason D. does his famous waggles before hitting.
Do you waggle?
Do you have your own moves in your preshot routine to loosen your hands, wrist ?

I used to have a Duffner-type waggle but I think it was training my wrists to flip inside, so I stopped doing it.

I take 2-4 jerks back depending on how I feel about the shot. Just kinda noticed that when I record myself on the driving range. Never did when I was at address though. Now I'm self conscious about it.

I've been doing some this year.. I think it's helping to keep me loose and reminding me to start with my body and not lead with the club head.

i sometimes waggle my body, but typically not my hands/club..

No wonder your back is "Oregon Jack"d up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

that... that wasn't that funny... and it's not like i do mid-swing..

My coach has actually been encouraging me to work on one. Since the biggest key to me swinging successfully is getting the tension out of my upper body, it's something I'd really like to work into my routine. I just haven't figured anything out that really gels with the rest of my pre-shot routine.

I wouldn't call mine a waggle per se, but I have a little move to keep me focused on getting the body through with the swing

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I waggle 2 or 3 times to get loose until I feel like I am in the proper position then I put the club behind the ball and swing away

I've always had a little one.

I do a short series of 2-3 waggles of decreasing length to get the tension out of my hands - particularly my top hand as I tend to grip a little too hard.

Yup I waggle.

I always give it 2 waggles just to keep my wrists loose.

No waggle here. I partly take the club back a couple of times along my "correct" swing plane, but other than that it's settle and strike for me.

Yes, I do, just to relax my arms and wrists before starting the swing and remove any tenseness

I just started because tension in my arms has been a problem for me.

I "waggle" my legs for about 3-5 seconds at address to make sure my knees stay flexed then take one more look at the target and swing away.

Last edited:
I might occasionally waggle the club once or twice, but I don't on a consistent basis.

THPing on Tapatalk

why yes....yes i do. on every shot. even putts.

I don't waggle. I tyno

I waggle to loosen up and get practice where in the swing to turn over the club head

A little up and down waggle and maybe one or two back.

Back