Do you wash your car?

How often do you wash your car?

• Once a week

• Every other week

• Once a month

• When it rains

Results are only viewable after voting.
I picked once a week but it's more like twice a week. I have a membership that is 26 bucks a month. 3 times a month more than pays for it.

I fluctuate between once a month and when it rains.

After cleaning my wifes truck that hadn't been cleaned in over a year.... that was bad...

I don't. Typically when it gets a wash is because it is in for an oil change twice a year.

I am ashamed to say I just have never prioritized it.
The hope is that I grab a pressure washer this year (I want it more for cleaning other stuff around the house/yard).
Watching too many YouTube car detailing videos has me wanting to start putting more effort in.

When I worked I traveled to customer sites and washed my car at least once a week, some times more. The most was 3 times in one day. Picked up a customer and took him to a meeting, took a second customer to lunch and then a third customer to dinner. Must admit that day was a warm winter day where the snow/water/slush was extreme. Now that I am retired, we keep our cars clean and usually wash them about every two or three weeks depending on how bad they are.

I don't. Typically when it gets a wash is because it is in for an oil change twice a year.

I am ashamed to say I just have never prioritized it.
The hope is that I grab a pressure washer this year (I want it more for cleaning other stuff around the house/yard).
Watching too many YouTube car detailing videos has me wanting to start putting more effort in.
Those foam cannons are really nice. I've heard good things about Chemical Guys products

I wash it when it gets to the point that I can't stand it anymore haha. If I had a nicer car I'd wash it more, but that was kinda part of the point to getting what I have now, is that I don't feel as compelled to keep it ultra clean.

I wash mine maybe once a month. We live in a rural area, and it's just dusty there all the time. Add to that my 90 mile daily commute, and it gets dirty pretty quick. As others have noted, though, my vehicle is more utilitarian than anything to me. I'm not a car guy. When the windows start to become a problem, I run it through a local car wash.

I’ve been a clean card member at Waterway since 2009. It’s the best $500 I spend every year. People still think my truck is new.
I do miss Waterway, now that I no longer get out to STL County. Always a good value for the money.

Not often enough. My truck is rather large and it’s black so it’s a big task. That said I did it this past week. Then it rained the next day. I will work on getting some wax on it this week.

Except during the winter when I never wash my truck, I wash it about every other week.

I love to wash my car myself. Weather permitting I wash it once a week, so I end up washing it like 6 times a year haha. I like the tires to be nice and shiny too.
I gave up on washing my own cars. I drive a 3/4 ton crew cab pickup, so it's not a quick task in the first place. I always say I'll just go out and give it a quick rinse and wipe down, then my OCD kicks in and four hours later I'm out there with a toothbrush getting every last bug out of the grille, using Armor-All on everything and making sure every single water spot is gone.

Back