Do you wash your golf glove?

ForeOnFour

Leave no birdie behind
Reaction score
Handicap
I only use a glove in the winter, Callaway Thermal Grip gloves, mostly just to keep my hands warm. I noticed 2 weeks ago the day after my round I had a couple little patches of what look like poison oak on my left hand. As I don't get poison oak I knew it wasn't that and I'm not allergic to anything that I know of.

Anyways it got me thinking maybe it's something in my glove. The glove is only been used for 3-4 rounds over the last 5 weeks or so. I buy a new one every year around Christmas and use it until April or so when it starts to warm up. Then since I don't want it to rot and get crusty I keep it in my golf closet at home incase I need it but throw it out come December when I buy a new one.

So do you wash your glove and if you do how?

I never wash them.

Never heard of anyone washing a golf glove. I would think it would shrink.

Never wash mine. They get wet in the rain then i just hang them in the shed when i get home to dry.

absolutely not, i just buy a new one.

Never have washed one. I wear them out before they get too unsightly dirty.

I find that a quality golf glove can usually be washed once to get a little more life out of it. It doesn't feel like the new glove does, mind you, but it's not bad. Delays me having to buy more.

Never have!

Never have before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope never done that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I have never washed a golf glove.

tried it once and ruined the glove. I wouldn't recommend it

I cant imagine this being a good idea but it does sound like something I would try. I just bought some great gloves from Budget Golf for well under $7.50 a pair.

No way do I wash a glove - it shrinks enough with some sweat - I just buy a new one...

I purposely wash a larger size leather glove to get the fit I like. It depends on the quality of the leather if they will survive a wash. Cold water only and do not put it in the dryer. Fit it to your hand wet and then let it dry. If it's synthetic like yours, then go for it, but it's most likely that your allergic to the synthetic fibers in the glove.

I buy my gloves from MG Golf. In my opinion, their quality-to-price ratio cannot be beat. Given how long they last, and their relatively low cost, there's no need for me to even contemplate washing them. I do put them in a ziplock bag after every round (helps to extend their life).

nope. I toss them when they start to get dry or looking bad.

I've never washed a glove in almost 60 years of playing golf. I'm not hard on gloves so unless I get caught in the rain a good cabretta leather golf lasts me quite a while.

I get the three packs of Callaway's at Costco. Pretty affordable. Besides it seems that once they get wet, then dried, lifespan plunges

My hands arent ever sweaty so my gloves dont get washed. Never had any stink issues but i will wipe the palms with a lamkin gripe on occasion to get some tack again

I know the Bionic gloves can be washed and they actually say to do it. I've washed Bionics (cabretta leather) and they come out of the wash really well. Pretty sure it needs to air dry though.

Nope, never have. I replace my golf glove when it is worn out just as I replace my leather shoes when they wear out.

Back