Do you watch other players balls in your group? Do you look for their ball if not easily found?

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
2 part question here-

Do you watch, track tee shots of other players in your group, with as much focus as your own ball?

If a ball is not easily spotted, do you stop and assist in the search?
If you are a walker, do you trek to other side of fairway to search?

1) Most of the time.

2) It depends. If we're falling behind on the course, I'll go hit and then come help them look if they need it - and if the other guys are helping him look, I'll tell them to go hit while I help him look for his ball. If it's not crowded and pace of play isn't an issue, I'll stop and assist in the search and not worry about it.

I do my best to track the tee shots and if wayward let them know where ball looked like it ended up.

Will be honest though if my ball is one side of hole and theirs is on the other. I'm walking to my ball first.

I do, mainly because I am wearing my glasses and have an easier time tracking the ball.

A lot of years having no clue where my ball was going emphasized being able to track a ball to keep scores down lol.

I definitely track peoples tee shots and let them know what I saw if asked. If its a good hit ball, just say nice shot.
I don't walk a too much anymore but when I did or do I would would also help with looking for the ball but stick to the 3 min rule and move on.

I always try to track everybody's shot, but that comes from playing with older guys who don't see that well I guess.

If pace of play allows, I will help them search, but most likely I'm at my ball shouting directions to them from across the fairway (left/right etc.)

Yes to all 3 questions.

1) Yes. Unless I'm at the beverage cart buying a round for the group. The guys I play with will do the same. It helps speed things up if someone loses their ball in the sun.

2) Yes. But we play ready golf. So if I get to mine first, I'm playing then going to help. And yes, I'm walking across the fairway so long as we're not holding anyone else up. Again, the group I play with will reciprocate. We'll also play a provisional just to keep things moving if we're not sure of landing spot.

Yes, Yes & Yes

90% of the time I try to be the eyes for the group. The other 10% I am distracted by work or something that forces me to not watch.

I find that I help others look for their lost balls far more often than anyone ever helps me. I guess I do it in hopes of reciprocity.

For some of my friends who are bad at knowing where their ball is I make a point to watch. I also help people search. In fact I often am the person that finds the ball on a search.

I do my best to follow shots by people in my group and hope the same in return.... I even go as far as asking in advance.... 'hey, would one of you mind keeping an eye on this'? Having extra set of eyes on a wayward shot saves time looking for a ball and in turn makes the round go faster, IMO.

Definitely, stop to help look for another ball.... unless I also need to search for my ball elsewhere :oops:

ill watch
ill help look
in hopes they do the same for me if need be

I generally try to do all of these. The exception is getting a drink or trying to post in the live round thread.:ROFLMAO:

Now I see why you are skinny 😅

You don't have room to talk! Walking 18 5 or 6 times a week will definitely keep it off.

I definitely help search as long is the location of my ball is known. If I don't know where mine is it doesn't really help the pace of the course.

I honestly don't know if I would walk to the other side of the fairway because I don't know if it has ever happened. I will think of it in the future.

I normally watch and have a pretty good track record of finding "others" lost balls.

At the Grint Tournament last month my cartner and as it turned out the guy that beat me hit a massive drive down a fence line and was sure it went ob, I found his ball and the penalty strokes he saved turned out to be the deciding strokes that beat me .

I'm getting up there but I'm still blessed with excellent distance vision. Probably the one physical attribute that age hasn't taken a bite out of yet. So yes I always make it a point to watch and assist finding playing partner's shots.

Always try to watch and help.

Yes to all 3 questions although once it gets beyond 100 yards off the tee I usually lose it as my eyes are not aging very well but usually have a good idea of landing vicinity plus I often pick it back up once it starts getting close to the ground.

It's always awkward not being able to find a ball that was not OB/hazzard.

Recently in our club championship, guy punches out from wooded area and I'm standing in fairway (walker), and his shot rattles some brush and never comes out to the fairway. He emerges and said did you see it, where'd it go. I'm like it never got this far, and he gets mad yelling GD this GD that. He walks back to the treeline and finds his ball under a limb.

Bro, I'm all for watching but the shot never made it back to play. I can't help you there.

I am an absolute ball hawk. I watch but more importantly I earmark points. You'll have to try hard to lose a ball playing with me. My over/under on found balls during a round is 6. What amazes me often is where people look.....Guy hits max 240 but he's looking at a spot 275 off the tee...I'll engage and look where it should be and many times find it and literally have to yell as the guy is 60 yards away....

Back