I'm more interested in the LPGA and the AIG Open than I am with the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

Brook Henderson is my favourite LPGA player if she’s in the field I’m watching

Brook Henderson is my favourite LPGA player if she’s in the field I’m watching
Recently in a Canadian golf mag they say Brooke winning the Canadian open was the second biggest win ever for a Canadian. Mike Weir winning Masters being the first.
I have watched way more Brooke than I ever did Weir, so the Brooke win is my number one win by an Canadian.

Recently in a Canadian golf mag they say Brooke winning the Canadian open was the second biggest win ever for a Canadian. Mike Weir winning Masters being the first.
I have watched way more Brooke than I ever did Weir, so the Brooke win is my number one win by an Canadian.
Same here was never a Weir fan . But Brooke has had my support since her first start. Think she’s more likeable , seems like a nice young lady .

Watching the AIG right now...

Watching some of it but I was disappointed to see Brooke miss the cut.

A lot of ladies still in it. Since Georgia Hall is way out of contention, I am pulling for Lindsey Weaver to push her trolley to victory. What a par she made earlier on the back 9!

For everyone that says they watch because of similarities to their own game, do you also watch Champions Tour events? If not, why do you choose LPGA instead?

If you’re not watching you are missing some amazing golf. What a hell of a tournament we have here. Tough and exciting.

A lot of ladies still in it.... I am pulling for Lindsey Weaver to push her trolley to victory. What a par she made earlier on the back 9!
Would be a great story if Weaver was to win. I'm guessing no one has ever won a major (man or woman) without a caddy. It would be 🔥 actually.

For everyone that says they watch because of similarities to their own game, do you also watch Champions Tour events? If not, why do you choose LPGA instead?
I watch the Champions because i remember the majority of players as being the core of the PGA Tour in the 70s & 80s, when i first got into golf. The guys on the Champions still bomb the ball much further than i do so there is no similarity between their game and mine.

I do not watch Champions Tour, or PGA, very much but watch a ton of LPGA. I do like rhe fact that their games are a lot closer to our in terms of distances and I also enjoy their personalities and the way they handle themselves on the course and when interacting with fans (obviously pre-Covid). Never hear them complaining about course setups and conditions like the PGA pros do if they can't shoot 50 under. In regards to Champions Tour, just not a fan of any of them except Couples.

I’ll watch PGA Tour, LPGA Tour and/or Champions, mostly because golf is the only professional sport left that I’ll still watch or support.

Not to hijack, but rather hopefully expand on this thread a bit: do you find when watching the LPGA that their swings seem to be forced or exaggerated? The lady that comes to mind is Lexi. I feel like when I watch her that the ball is long gone, but the last 50% of her swing is arm/body manipulation of the club around her shoulders. Anybody else notice this?

Not to hijack, but rather hopefully expand on this thread a bit: do you find when watching the LPGA that their swings seem to be forced or exaggerated? The lady that comes to mind is Lexi. I feel like when I watch her that the ball is long gone, but the last 50% of her swing is arm/body manipulation of the club around her shoulders. Anybody else notice this?
I’m no swing guru, but I’ve never noticed that. To me, most of their swings look very fluid and have great tempo.

Yeah I see it. Lexi grew up with older brothers and distances amongst were always a big deal. She learned how to hit the ball further to keep up or at least have a chance. I believe it also part cause of her inconsistency. But hey what do I know, she has had a great career thus far.

Suwannapura with 4 birds in a row to keep pace

I watched for a while last night. I really enjoyed it and am going to look for it more in the future.

What a par by Lee on 8!

I thought this was a pretty cool comparison.

Back