I do when I can. Same with the Senior Tour. They play a game more closely to mine.

I watch every once in a while but I’m not super into it. If I find time to watch golf it will always be the PGA. My newborn girl is destined to be a golfer, so I look forward to watching the Lpga in the future with her!

I watch almost zero live TV and don't have any paid TV service other than Amazon Prime. But when I'm in a hotel I put on the golf channel and watch what I can. I love watching the women WAY more than the men for some of the same reasons that @golfinnut said.

I’ll definitely watch if the men aren’t on and even when the men are on, I find myself switching back and forth. I’ve got 3 daughters, so women’s sports (soccer and basketball especially) are on a lot at my house. I’m hoping at least one of mine will get bit by the golf bug, but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoy watching the LPGA, especially the major events. I would watch more often if the tournaments weren't on at the same time as the mens coverage.
^ This, exactly. The LPGA is fun to watch - it's a game that's a lot more like what we "mortal" golfers play (in terms of distance, not talent!), and I enjoy that they show more emotion and seem to have more fun when they're playing. Many of them have amazing touch around the greens, so their short game is great to watch.

I have a thing where it's hard for me to record any sport and watch it later - it loses some of the intensity because I know it's already over with and not happening right then. I know, it's a total mental thing. But I may have to start recording LPGA events when they're on at the same time as PGA Tour events so I can watch them later, because I really do like watching them. It would also give me some golf to watch on Monday through Wednesday when no other tournaments are on! :LOL:

Truth be told, I would probably go to a live LPGA event before I'd attend a PGA Tour event - the crowds are smaller, traffic and parking would be less of a pain, and you don't seem to have as many of the beer swilling, mouth breathing "Ba ba BOOOEEYYYYY!" idiots at LPGA events. I'd imagine it's also less expensive, and would still be good, fun golf to watch.

Slightly off topic but I would LOVE to see a couple tournaments a year with players from both the LPGA and PGA competing together. An individual tournament playing from mens and womens tees would be cool but I would really love to see a Ryder Cup type event with combined mens and womens teams.
This would be a very cool thing. It's almost hard to believe they haven't done it yet. It would be fun to watch and would be great exposure for the LPGA, and might bring more fans (and more money) to their side of the game.

I watch LPGA as much as i can but since the vast majority of their events are on Golf Channel i don't get to watch it live very much (GC not carried by my cable provider). It interests me because the distances the ladies hit the ball/club choices are very similar to my game. The LPGA pros are just as talented as the male pros and watching them play this game much better than me is fun. Watching the guys play a 520 yd par 4 hole with Driver - 8 iron is foreign to me; equipment has really changed the PGA Tour game in a way that i honestly don't enjoy watching like i used to.

I do not and have zero desire to watch.

My daughter & I will watch the LPGA every now & then. Just another way of me trying to fuel her excitement for the game of golf.

I don't really care for it, just find it lacking excitement. But, my daughter is 4 and I'm trying to start getting her more into golf, so this is a great way to do it.

I'm hopeful that it will subtly push her to get more into it and be my companion for some weekend golf. Her mom isn't very good and only mildly interested, so she's got far more potential to invest in!

When it is televised. I enjoy how they stick to solid fundamentals and don't try to get to hero on their shots.

I don't really care for it, just find it lacking excitement. But, my daughter is 4 and I'm trying to start getting her more into golf, so this is a great way to do it.

I'm hopeful that it will subtly push her to get more into it and be my companion for some weekend golf. Her mom isn't very good and only mildly interested, so she's got far more potential to invest in!
It's amazing to see how (daughters) will look up to the men in their life. They see our passion for golf & if we are lucky will pick up the game. My daughter has watched me play since she was a baby & while it's not her first passion she always seems to come back & ask Dad if he wants to go play golf. My answer is always yes!

The LPGA needs to find a way to relate to young girls during these times. So many golf scholarships go unused, which begs the question...is women's golf not meeting the bar in attracting more girls to play, or does it ultimately lay on the shoulders of parents to drive excitement?

Absolutely. It is my favorite professional golf tour to watch. I much prefer watching the ladies play than I do watching a PGA Tour non-majpr. I can relate much better to the distances they hit the ball and their games than I can the men's tours.

The LPGA needs to find a way to relate to young girls during these times. So many golf scholarships go unused, which begs the question...is women's golf not meeting the bar in attracting more girls to play, or does it ultimately lay on the shoulders of parents to drive excitement?
That's an interesting question. Have we fallen behind other countries (South Korea being a good example) in attracting girls to golf? And how could it be improved? South Korea seems to be the hotbed for women's golf right now, what are they doing differently?

It certainly can be a bit of both, but it's hard to force excitement.

That's an interesting question. Have we fallen behind other countries (South Korea being a good example) in attracting girls to golf? And how could it be improved? South Korea seems to be the hotbed for women's golf right now, what are they doing differently?
Absolutely agree there has to be a way. Prime time tv spots & times could definitely help vs showing when kids are getting ready for bed.

We watch the LPGA all the time. Those ladies play some great golf. Some of the nicest swings out there on the LPGA

I watch it fairly often, sometimes I'll watch it over the PGA depending on the tournaments/who is leading.

I have watched a little of it in the past but not in recent years. I lost interest in the PGA Tour as well. Probably have seen a total of maybe 3, 4, 5 hours of PGA Tour coverage in the past 12 months and, unless I'm forgetting a few minutes somewhere, probably zero LPGA Tour. Golf simply isn't interesting as a spectator sport, even moreso in the age of players with interminable "routines", twitches, backing off and all that nonsense.

^ This, exactly. The LPGA is fun to watch - it's a game that's a lot more like what we "mortal" golfers play (in terms of distance, not talent!), and I enjoy that they show more emotion and seem to have more fun when they're playing. Many of them have amazing touch around the greens, so their short game is great to watch.

I have a thing where it's hard for me to record any sport and watch it later - it loses some of the intensity because I know it's already over with and not happening right then. I know, it's a total mental thing. But I may have to start recording LPGA events when they're on at the same time as PGA Tour events so I can watch them later, because I really do like watching them. It would also give me some golf to watch on Monday through Wednesday when no other tournaments are on! :LOL:

Truth be told, I would probably go to a live LPGA event before I'd attend a PGA Tour event - the crowds are smaller, traffic and parking would be less of a pain, and you don't seem to have as many of the beer swilling, mouth breathing "Ba ba BOOOEEYYYYY!" idiots at LPGA events. I'd imagine it's also less expensive, and would still be good, fun golf to watch.

This would be a very cool thing. It's almost hard to believe they haven't done it yet. It would be fun to watch and would be great exposure for the LPGA, and might bring more fans (and more money) to their side of the game.
I also can't believe they have not tried a major coed event yet. I would be more excited for that than anything other than the current majors. Would be so much fun and I think you would get a huge viewership. It could do so much for the women's game and I think would bring a lot of attention to both tours as well as money. Not many sports out there where you could pull something like this off in a fair format.

If LPGA is on and the kids are allowing me to watch TV, Im watching it. So much good golf the women play.

Sure do. Why not.

I don’t go out of my, nor schedule to watch the LPGA. If there is nothing else on of interest, I will certainly tune in. I am in awe of their talent.

If it’s warm out and a weekend (and not a men’s major), I am usually not in front of a TV during the day, so I don’t normally watch a men’s tour event either.

I will watch it. They swing smooth and easy and make good shots.

Back