Do You Wear a Watch While You Play?

I wore a Garmin Approach X40 for a while but in the last few weeks have stopped due to the use of a cart-attached GPS. It got to the point where I felt that the distance was getting too into my head and I would constantly check it to see if the distance changed 1 yard. It was comfortable and I had no issue with it, and will probably go back to wearing ti in the future.

Never!

I wear my apple watch pretty much 24/7, so yes. I thought it would really annoy me, but I've gotten really used to it.

I wear the Garmin Approach S60 everytime I golf if I remember to charge it beforehand

I wear my Apple Watch when I play, actually I wear it all the time so it’s not a golf specific thing for me. When I actually remember to start the app on my watch it’s nice to look down and get quick yardages

Nope, no watch for me.
I have tried several times to wear a watch or a gps, but it always comes off after a hole or two.
It just feels strange to me so off it comes.

Yes. In fact I forgot to put on my watch before I left the house the last time I played and everything felt off while I played.

Doesn't have to be a smart watch for distances or anything, just curious how many people can or do wear a watch while they play?

I wear a Garmin Approach S10. Don't even know it's there.

I wear my Garmin S40, so I can tell the distance TO the green. :geek:

I did a few years ago when I had a GPS watch. It took some getting used to, but I eventually stopped worrying about it.

I'd prefer not to wear one and don't wear a watch most of the time unless I'm at work or dressing up to go out.

I wear my Apple Watch while I play. I don’t use a golf app or anything; I just don’t take it off.

Garmin Approach S60 for me as well. Wasn't sure I'd like it as I was anti-watch prior to getting it but after a few rounds I don't even notice it and it's far more convenient than a regular GPS.

I've worn a Garmin watch for years, but only when I was golfing. Once I got an Apple Watch I started wearing it all the time. I've never been bothered by wearing one when playing - even when it's the only time I had one on.

I always wear my Samsung Gear S3. I like to be able to keep track of steps and check to see if I have any notifications that need my attention as I usually don't get the messages on my phone when I am playing. I just wish it had a decent golf GPS app that would work on it.

I wear my Apple watch with a golf GPS app and it works really well.

I've never used to be able to use a watch, but a few years ago when i picked up a Neo XS from Bushnell it wasnt as hard as i think. There are times when I will just hang it off the handle of my bag a take a quick look to get the yardage.

Watch always goes in my bag on the 1st and comes back on after the 18th. I tend to wear fairly heavy, and often, mechanical watches though. I could probably play with something like an Apple Watch if I so desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A FitBit Charge 3. I like to keep track of how far I walk, heart rate, etc.

I didn't wear a watch golfing until a few years when I started wearing an Apple watch. I now rarely take it off unless it needs a charge and since retiring I often leave my phone in the car or shut off in my bag so my watch doubles as a way for my family and friends to reach me. I just got the new 5 series and it's a big upgrade from the Apple watch 3. Unlike my 3, the sound quality for phone calls on the new Apple watch is damn good.

I wear a ShotScope. I’ve thought about an Apple Watch to use with my Arccos, before I got the ShotScope. I also use a FitBit Charge 3 for heart rate and walking info.

I either take mine off or leave it at home depending on where I’m playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I have a watch or even several...no idea where they are or the last time I’ve actually worn one.... so no, don’t wear one playing

Yep, simple Seiko sports model. I always wear a watch, and it feels ooky to me not to. My phone is my GPS.

Yes, get my gps distances from a watch

Yes. I have my Bushnell for approximate yardages. I also wear it every day because it gives me the time, day of the week and date!

Back