Do You Wear a Watch While You Play?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be a smart watch for distances or anything, just curious how many people can or do wear a watch while they play?

I play with my Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t so the watch is off before I exit the vehicle. If I put it in my bag I forget about it and end up frantically looking for it.

I always wear a watch when I play but then again I always wear a watch so for me It’s weirder not to wear one.

I have to turn My Apple Watch around so the knob doesn’t get bumped by taking my glove on and off and do one of those SOS calls

Last edited:
Yes, get my gps distances from a watch

I always wear a watch. Either a Garmin or a Timex Ironman.

I wear my Apple Watch pretty much everywhere including while golfing even if I’m not using the gps on it.

I used to always wear a watch, but no wedding ring while playing Golf.

But now, I wear the ring and no watch.

Nope

Apple watch is always on me unless I'm sleeping. I do use golf apps when playing. Helps to know distances and the apps suggestions of which club to use as I learn how to dial them all of my clubs in.

Very timely, I just posted my experience with using a smartwatch and the available apps. I just started using my Samsung Galaxy smartwatch and really like the simplicity of it. My golfing partner was constantly asking what the distance to the pin was. I found it very accurate and will continue to use it as my regular watch and on the golf course.
Before the smartwatch, I did wear a watch while golfing. Feel naked without a watch on.

No. I haven't worn a watch at all since retiring over 1.5 years ago.

If I wear my watch while swinging it rubs a raw spot on the underside of my right forearm basically midway about 1/3 of the way from my wrist to my elbow. I guess my release runs that part of my across the clasp of my watch on my left wrist. For this reason I take it off, otherwise I would wear it.

I wear an Apple Watch while playing and use the Grint app to track score.

I wear my Apple Watch. I think I'm backwards though since I'm a lefty but I wear my watch on my left wrist. It doesn't seem to bother my swing at all.

I always wear a watch when I play but then again I always wear a watch so for me It’s weirder not to wear one.

... I am the exact opposite. I have never worn a watch in my life so it would certainly be weird to wear one playing golf.

Garmin Approach S60 normally, Apple Watch occasionally when I don’t care about score/stats with the Garmin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wear the galaxy watch all rounds for shot tracking and yardage.

Yes I wear my GPS watch.

Never.

I always have a watch on. Rarely used for golf related things.

Apple watch or a GPS watch. I wear it really tight so it doesn't move but it doesn't bother me one bit.

I play most of my rounds with my Apple watch on. I don't necessarily use it for anything other than to see messages throughout the round. It's never really bothered me.

Back