I have a mix of RTIC and Bubba mugs, cups and tumblers. Never wanted to pay the kind of money Yeti wants for their stuff when the less expensive alternatives work just as well.

For the cups...THP Limited Series only : )

I'm an RTIC guy, close to half the price and maybe just as good.

I have a can koozie and we've got a few tumblers but that's it. Off-brand coolers work well enough for my needs. My buddy has a large Yeti he uses for ice on his boat and it works really well for that, keeping ice over a long weekend on the water. I just don't have a need for that level of cooler.

Yep. And Tervis. And other stainless vacuum mugs.

I've had two insulated mugs, one that I purchased, and the other a gift from work. Both mysteriously disappeared within two weeks. I never even used the coffee cup shaped one from work :confused:.

Since two of them left me, I'm not dropping money on another.

Big time - I have the Tundra Haul Cooler (the one with wheels) and it holds ice for nearly a week as long as it is somewhat full.
My everyday water cup is a 24 oz mug which I love and my golf water cup is a 26 Oz stackable pint.
Wife has 2 large (30ish oz) water canteens
I also have a 20 Oz. cup and a colster

Now I will say, I have 2 soft-sided RTIC coolers which are also exceptional and work very well.

I have a couple tumblers that I have been given and I bought a small soft sider years ago. Works great, at the time I don't think there was much in the way of competition, now there are a lot more that do if not the same, very similar at much cheaper prices.

My brother has one of the hard body ones, and like the flip I have, if you keep it closed Ice will stay in for days.

We have two soft sided Yeti coolers, both gifts from my wife's work. We also have other soft coolers from REI, RTIC, and even one from Costco that was about $70 that's just a well built as the Yeti. We have a lot of stainless tumblers from several different companies. I like the Stanley or Hydroflask pints best for beer and the 20 ounce Walmart ones for my go to mug for coffee or soda in the car. I have a few 32 oz Yeti mugs that I use on the golf course. FWIW the Walmart tumblers are great but the lid gaskets are crappy which is OK because many times I don't need a lid.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 12.13.39 PM.png

I have a 30oz Yeti tumbler, but that's it. I'm not big on coolers, so the thought of spending $400-500 on one is kind of a dealbreaker.

I use a small cooler bag that holds 12 cans to bring with me to the pool when I decide to work out there.

I cant get myself to pay for a cooler that is that expensive.

I have a yeti tumbler and can cooler but no cooler. I think they off brand stuff works just as good for half the price if I'm being completely honest.

I cant get myself to pay for a cooler that is that expensive.

We have the Yeti 24 can soft cooler and got this Costco one over a year ago and used it heavily on the boat/beach/dock all last summer. It's just as good as the Yeti.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 12.21.52 PM.png:eek:

Last edited:
Nope....Yeti is overpriced. There are lots of cheaper versions out there with the same performance.

Will my cats know the difference? They seem partial to Yeti…
339B8AB7-EC0C-4421-83B6-43095BE6DE1D.jpeg92DBB360-C00D-42F3-8E14-FEB2432BDA9F.jpeg

I took out a second mortgage on my house for the Yeti dog dish.

Personally, I have a Yeti, but I tend to drink out of the cheaper counterpart Rtic that I have.

I prefer Hydroflask. I have a couple of YETI's and a lot of Hydroflask stuff and they are all great. People can argue ice being in a cup for 20min longer in one over the other but I don't need ice for 30 days. lol. I bought some summer golf packages a few years ago that I got some smaller YETI coolers and those are nice.

Me too. The Hydroflask works great on the golf course.

Come to think of it, I do have a Yeti tumbler that has something rattling around in it.

Not really... I have the big mug I use for coffee, Monday thru Friday. It was a gift. It's ok, certainly not life-altering or worth the money.

For coolers, I've had the 55 qt Lifetime for a year and should receive the 28 qt today. Made in the USA, less than $100, and work really well... not roto's but the 55 tested almost as well. I assume the 28 will do fine.

I have a couple tumblers, but refuse to pay that much for a cooler! I will buy more ice!

Yes i have one of their smaller coolers i bring water in tot eh course. It is a perfect size for the cart and works really really good even in 115* heat. Well worth the price tag for the quality you get.

I was gifted one of the tumblers, I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money. I actually took it to the course last weekend with ice water in it and was disappointed with how quickly it warmed up. I thought freezing an inch of ice in the bottom would be sufficient, maybe next time I will freeze half and see how it does.

I have a few coolers and a bunch of cups.

The soft 18 rectangular cooler is a mainstay in the summer for the beach as it holds a lot but not too much to carry.

Its best to get any Yeti product as a gift but it's also a great gift to give for the same reason (no one wants to spend the money)

***As a non believer at first I now feel that anyone who says <insert brand here> is as good as a Yeti are just telling themselves that to feel better.

I have a tumbler that works well for keeping water cool. Unfortunately it is a little wide to fit in the golf carts at the closest course to me.

Back