Do your balls sizzle?

Akh223

Reaction score
Handicap
I have noticed lately that if I hit a good shot with a longer club (3w, 4h to 8i) the ball sounds like it is "sizzling" thru the air. I also hear others shots "sizzle" as they go by if I am in front of them.

I suspect it is the dimples and spin creating this noise, but I dont know for certain. Does anyone else notice this?

If I've ever made my balls sizzle (feels so wrong saying that), it must be a frequency I can't hear, because I've never heard that kind of sound. I'm fairly hard of hearing though so it's not surprising I haven't.

I love the sizzle of my balls.

So do the ladies :alien:

My hearing is too bad to tell, but others have told me they do. My son says they make a ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz like a mad bee.

Jack

This is the greatest thread title I've ever seen....

Can't say I've heard balls sizzling before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall hearing my ball sizzle or anything along those lines.

I've hear balls cutting through the wind when hit all the time (maybe this is what your referring to)

Wow, you guys could hear a Mosquito fart! I'm too deaf to hear anything from a golf ball.

FO' Shizzle

Jack

I don't notice my own, but I have heard it this summer with a guy I played with. Even when standing at the back of the tee box we all could hear his 'sizzle'.

Definitely when someone hits a tee shot just whooshing over you. It does make a pretty distinct noise. For my own shots, rarely.

Back